Plastic Bottled Water?

Bingalau 15:46 09 Aug 07

I don't know if this is true or one of those old wives' tales? Just got to me in an e-mail.

This may be how Sheryl Crow got breast cancer. She was on the Ellen show and she said this same exact thing as below.

So please be very careful ladies.

Women should not drink bottled water that has been left in a car. The doctor said that the heat and the plastic of the bottle have certain chemicals that can lead to breast cancer.

So please be careful and do not drink that water bottle that has been left in a car and pass this on to all the women in your life. This information is the kind we need to know and be aware and just might save us!!!!

The heat causes toxins from the plastic to leak into the water and they have found these toxins in cancerous breast tissue. Use a stainless steel Canteen or a glass bottle when you can!!!

GANDALF <|:-)> 15:51 09 Aug 07

click here never believe round robin emails.

G

Cymro. 16:12 09 Aug 07

I would have thought that if there was anything in this story then half the women in the country would have breast cancer by now.

hereford456 16:19 09 Aug 07

Who's Sheryl Crow?

hereford456 16:25 09 Aug 07

Just looked her up on wikipedia.
Now i know who she is!

wiz-king 16:27 09 Aug 07

Some of the plasticiser will leach into the water but not at any great level, you could be more at risk from bugs growing in the water. Plastic bottles cannot easily be cleaned out so you should not reuse them too often if you drink from the neck of the bottle. Your germs are more dangerous than the minute amount of plasticiser.

€dstowe 16:33 09 Aug 07

There is an endless list of things that have been reported to cause cancers of one sort or another. Anything that hasn't appeared on the list will no doubt do so in the future.

Also, a number of the things said to cause cancer will soon be hailed as protectives against it.

Where do you draw the line of not getting out of bed* and starving yourself for fear of catching some dreadful ailment or forgetting about all of this rubbish and enjoying yourself.

*Let it not be forgotten that beds are seething masses of mites living on your cast off skin waiting for you to peg out.

How did mankind reach the 21st Century?

Bingalau 16:53 09 Aug 07

I've had a look at the magnified pictures of those mites too. God they are uglier than me!

Kate B 17:10 09 Aug 07

Living kills you. Fact.

Kate B 17:10 09 Aug 07

oh, and on a more serious note, men can get breast cancer too.

Stuartli 18:59 09 Aug 07

I always remove food that is supposed to be cooked in a plastic tray in the oven or a microwave and use a plate instead.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…