Plantagenets: anyone else watching?

Gordon Freeman 21:54 29 Mar 14

I know it's Saturday evening (it's available on BBC iPlayer too), but for the past 2 weeks have been watching the above.

Really well put together & interesting history programme describing linkages to our monarchy.

click here else been watching?

Anyone

rdave13 22:42 29 Mar 14

No, but I'll give it a go.

bremner 10:59 30 Mar 14

I too have been watching with mixed feelings.

The programs are a fly through and lack any real detail but will give those unfamiliar an understanding and some will perhaps go away and research further.

March Hare 11:26 30 Mar 14

Yes, I'm enjoying it, like I do most historical programmes.

Gordon Freeman 11:41 30 Mar 14

agree with that, bremner, it is a bit pacey, but like you say, if it strikes an interest (which it has for me anyway) it does prompt you to go and research and find out more. Also made me realise things I didn't know, or had forgotten all about.

Mr Mistoffelees 11:49 30 Mar 14

I don't like watching history programmes because my partner, who studied history, keeps pointing out all the errors, which gets rather tedious but, don't tell her that!

Aitchbee 12:38 30 Mar 14

All that blood and gore - beheadin' 'n' disembowlin' ... 'just the thing' to get 11 and 12 year olds interested in history!

john bunyan 16:00 30 Mar 14

I think I heard that four kings in that period were murdered by their relatives. The series is interesting and follows a very good drama series earlier in the year covering the same period.

john bunyan 16:32 30 Mar 14

It started last year :See The white Queen

bremner 16:55 30 Mar 14

John bunyan

The White Queen covers the last years of the Plantagenets 1450-1485ish. This series is from 1154 - 1485 and covers all 15 Plantagenet Kings.

john bunyan 18:52 30 Mar 14

bremner

I know since I watched them all. Some of Cadfael covers the period of the Maud vs Stephen wars. Some say the Plantagenet period started in 1216 , see Plantagenets

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…