Plagiarising Apron's What do you hear post..

Brumas 21:54 01 Nov 06

How do you think you actually sound like to others?

I left Hull in 1965 (some would say what kept you!) when I was a young lad travelled the world courtesy of the Merchant Navy and the Army and mixed/lived with many a ‘cosmopolitan crowd’. I now live in North Northumberland quite near the Scottish border .
I thought I sounded quite nice, a bit like Alan Titchmarsh I suppose – that was until I actually listened to the recording I made for the answer machine!! To put it bluntly I sound boomin – even blooming terrible!
Still, all that know me find my ‘accent’ quite pleasant, what price vanity?

lisa02 22:05 01 Nov 06

Belfast accent but I speak properly.

I come from Northern Ireland not Nor'n Irn.

Note: anyone from here will understand the joke.

De Marcus™ 22:11 01 Nov 06

Long lost sandancer accent, my wife says I know have no accent.

rodriguez 22:15 01 Nov 06

I got a strong Black Country accent but you probably couldn't tell by the way I type. I don't really write the same way I speak, which is good because no one who lives outside a 20 mile radius of Dudley would know what I was on about. :-P

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:24 01 Nov 06

My lectures / training sessions often get videoed /recorded / broadcast.

I hate the way I sound and someone else has to do the editing.

As far as I know no one has complained about the way I speak, my East Mids accent appears to be intelligable to the UK and foreign nationals that are "subjected" to my lectures.

:o)

PurplePenny 22:34 01 Nov 06

That's not plagiarism: you've acknowledged the source.

I hate hearing myself on the answering machine: I sound like a lisping little girl. Horrible! Thankfully I'm told that I don't sound like that in real life and I don't sound quite so lispy when recorded using professional sound equipment (for instance on radio or TV).

A lot of people have difficulty placing my accent. It is southern (but not particularly Oxford thank goodness) but with the occasional northern pronunciation like "uz" for "us", "me" for "my". I once got told that I must be from France or Australia because I wasn't local!!

PurplePenny 22:37 01 Nov 06

I'm glad my training sessions don't get videoed. What a horrible thought. (One student fell asleep on Monday. Mind you he arrived 15 minutes late and looked as though he'd been out on the razz the night before so maybe I wasn't that boring after all.)

Brumas 22:49 01 Nov 06

Thank you for putting me straight re. plagiarism, you are quite correct - I should have paid more attention in the English lessons ;o)

Kate B 22:51 01 Nov 06

I think I sound measured, intelligent and sexy. Not the case at all *rolls eyes* I sound squeaky and snooty. On a tangent, have you ever seen yourself on television? It's a horrifying experience.

De Marcus™ 23:01 01 Nov 06

"It's a horrifying experience."

Yes, it is, although I'm told I spoke well and with confidence, it just doesn't ring true when you watch it back for yourself!

rodriguez 23:05 01 Nov 06

The last time I was on TV it was on Central News and they filmed our school for something and we were all about 10 - and I was the only one who run in front of the camera waving both his arms about...however I've seen myself on videos me and my mates have done and it looks weird. I can hardly watch it half the time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…