A Place To Play

crosstrainer 14:23 21 Feb 09

...With my new car. Perhaps a little childish I know, but does anyone know of anywhere in Wales (not Pendine sands, don't want rust :))

Where I can legally test the capabilities of my new car? I'm not really interested in shredding my tyres or screaming around corners....Something like a disused runway where they allow such things would be good.

As yet, the car has only pottered about and I have a clean licence which I intend to keep.

All sensible suggestions welcome!

Brumas 14:38 21 Feb 09

Come and pick me up from North Northumberland, the trip here will give you chance to test it and then you could give moi, a mere mortal, a chauffeur driven spin to appreciate it :o)

crosstrainer 14:41 21 Feb 09

I would be happy to! But that would mean sticking to the speed limit :)) I'm looking for a nice straight section of tarmac where I can really find out if it does what it Say's on the tin (or manual if you prefer!)

crosstrainer 14:49 21 Feb 09

The other issue with a trip of that distance would be that according to the doctor, I have to stop every half hour and walk around for fifteen minutes to avoid dvt recurrence!

Based on that (and adhering to legal speeds) the trip would take about 9 hours :))

Cymro. 15:28 21 Feb 09

Would a disused airfield suit you. There are a few around Wales and you could find one on Google perhaps.

crosstrainer 15:31 21 Feb 09

Tried that, none that are not full of potholes and not open for public use :((

Plenty of "Track Day's" but I don't want to smash up a brand new M5 tourer :))

Forum Editor 17:16 21 Feb 09

if it does what it Say's on the tin"

It does.

I drove one from Tuscany to Venice about six months ago - not my car, but someone in the family. I flew to Tuscany for a birthday weekend and the family member was not keen on doing the drive herself. I drove her down to meet her husband and flew home from there. The car was four months old.

You won't be disappointed.

Brumas 17:35 21 Feb 09

:o((

sunnystaines 17:52 21 Feb 09

autobhan germany

Kevscar1 18:48 21 Feb 09

Cardiff Airport

laurie53 19:39 21 Feb 09

Pembrey, Llandow, Angle is probably too distressed by now, I was thrown out of a jeep there in '56, and I don't suppose it's improved any!

(might now be housing estates - long time since I was down there!)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…