Pilots who may find it difficult to get a job..

Stuartli 14:45 23 Oct 09

..in future and rightly so:

click here

The potential consequences of their behaviour doesn't bear thinking about.

Quickbeam 15:04 23 Oct 09

"they overshot an airport by 150 miles."
The worst most of us have done is to miss a junction on the motorway, that's some major error that is!

oresome 17:14 23 Oct 09

Let's await the outcome of the enquiry rather than have a kangaroo court.

Stuartli 19:07 23 Oct 09

What kangaroo court?

spuds 19:27 23 Oct 09

I wonder if the passengers had to pay extra :O)

morddwyd 20:16 23 Oct 09

Greater love hath no man, that he lays down his career for his colleagues, that they may get shorter hours!

click here

Forum Editor 23:22 23 Oct 09

they were in a heated discussion over airline policy and lost situational awareness.'

If that's true - and some people have expressed scepticism - it was a serious case of negligence on the part of the flight-deck crew. Having an A320 Airbus wandering 150 miles off course over Minnesota poses a serious danger to other aircraft - the more so as Air Traffic Controllers were unable to elicit a response from the flight deck.

No doubt the truth will be revealed when the contents of the flight recorders are analysed.

karmgord 16:56 24 Oct 09

biggest worry in these dangerous times was that Air Traffic Control might have suspected another 9/11 hijacking after no radio contact,then the air force send up the fighters.
I personally think the plane was on autopilot and they fall asleep,either way the flight voice recorder will have the last 20 minutes of conversation (or snoring!)
P.S had it been Ryanair the passengers would have had to pay for the return flight

Diemmess 17:39 24 Oct 09

I think the limited time for the cockpit voice recorder has already overwritten the most crucial part of the journey i.e. while overflying Minneapolis.
Depending on how long the reciprocal flight took, and how quickly they were landed.

The interesting part may well have been deleted forever!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…