Pigeon flies past broadband

peter99co 22:41 16 Sep 10

click here

Are your connections slower than the pigeon?

Quiller. 22:57 16 Sep 10

and it's a load of twaddle.

It is supposed to highlight the slow speeds in rural areas but most users in towns and cities with common ' upto 8Mbps ' connection will be able to upload at around 0.36Mbps. This would take a 300Mb file around 160 minutes to upload.

The time shown on screen said it would take 170 minutes to upload the video to the usually slow and busy at utube.

Not much of a difference.

Forum Editor 23:05 16 Sep 10

if you could use a pigeon to search for something on the internet.

Quiller. 23:09 16 Sep 10

Coogle.

morddwyd 06:22 17 Sep 10

"It is supposed to highlight the slow speeds in rural areas but most users in towns and cities with common ' upto 8Mbps ' connection will be able to upload at around 0.36Mbps."

But most "users in towns and cities " are not, by definition, "in rural areas"!

sunnystaines 07:54 17 Sep 10

in rural areas would they not be better to leave the phone line broadband and get a dongle that connects wireless via the nearest mobile phone mast.

we vist campsites in many rural areas and except for lands end [where even the tv and phone is signals are dreadful] have always got good speeds

Quiller. 11:36 17 Sep 10

The inference was that most rural users have the same upload speeds as those in towns and cities.

fourm member

;-)

Quickbeam 12:46 17 Sep 10

But surely the pigeons are far better trained than the snails that do the normal mail.

Grey Goo 13:25 17 Sep 10

Reminds me of the Queer pigeon who flew upside down for a Lark

morddwyd 18:52 17 Sep 10

"get a dongle that connects wireless via the nearest mobile phone mast."

But I don't want to do all my down and uploading stood on a pair of steps in the conservatory!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…