Petrol Price increase

Monoux 18:35 02 Sep 09

If the increase was 2p plus VAT of 0.3p a total of 2.3p how come all the garages round my neck of the woods are still showing .9p at the end of the price instead of .2p . They have put he price up by 3p

Yet another rip off ?

Stuartli 18:50 02 Sep 09

IIRC you have to add the duty and then the VAT.

Stuartli 18:53 02 Sep 09
  oresome 19:56 02 Sep 09

I read yesterday that Morrisons weren't increasing their fuel prices until the coming weekend.

I called in one today and the price was the same as a small independant garage several miles away that I passed enroute. (105.9p)

With careful driving, I've achieved 63mpg over the last 200 miles or so of longish runs with a Citroen Picasso 1.6 diesel.

oldbeefer2 20:21 02 Sep 09

Yawn. Sorry, I'll stick with my Cooper S at 32 MPG!

caccy 20:47 02 Sep 09

The real reason for the increase is to make up for the tax us ex-smokers used to pay!

oresome 20:47 02 Sep 09

"I'll stick with my Cooper S at 32 MPG"

I'm sure future generations will thank you for your choice.

Stuartli 22:56 02 Sep 09

I wouldn't get too smug - diesel engines generally require TWO oil and filter changes against one for petrol units over similar mileages.

There are also a number of health risks:

click here

In the case of petrol:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…