Pete Seeger R I P

fourm member 10:41 29 Jan 14

The death of Pete Seeger has led to a number of reflections on the changing nature of political songs.

First we had mainstream pop getting more involved in issues rather than just mooning about love.

More recently it's been old songs being put to new uses with suggestions that Sunday's chart could top off a couple of bad weeks for one party leader.

But political songs can be a good example of cognitive dissonance. There are lots of times when people forgive a bad song because they support the cause in question but are there songs that you really like even though you disagree with the political point being made?

Aitchbee 10:54 29 Jan 14

Neil Innes - Protest Song.

click here Pete.

Goodbye

Quickbeam 11:58 29 Jan 14

Rutland Weekend Television. Those were the days.

Aitchbee 12:51 29 Jan 14
  Aitchbee 13:58 29 Jan 14
  fourm member 16:27 29 Jan 14

Aitchbee

I'm so pleased to have given you the opportunity to demonstrate your ability to find stuff on YouTube.

Forum Editor 16:36 29 Jan 14

Aitchbee

Please try to resist the urge to greet almost every topic with a link to a song or three. We're all capable of doing that sort of thing ourselves, if we want to.

Aitchbee 16:38 29 Jan 14

fourm member - it's not all that easy to seperate the wheat from the chaff :o]

Aitchbee 16:42 29 Jan 14

Forum Editor - fourm member's invitation to nominate a protest song (or three) was hard to resist, but point taken.

spuds 18:16 29 Jan 14

Moving from a persons death to one of politics in the same subject, I still tend to think about Flower Power and the politics behind that era.

fourm member 18:25 29 Jan 14

Aitchbee

I did not issue an invitation for people to 'nominate' a protest song. I invited people to discuss the cognitive dissonance involved in enjoying a song whilst disagreeing with its sentiments.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…