PCAdvisor Christmas edition

immer 15:52 30 May 06

Why do you bother with a month issue date on PCAdvisor? Now we have July issue in May you are well on the way to time travel like DrWho, so while your in the future, can you get us the lottery number results at the same time & we can all make a killing.....(Look forward to the December Issue by the time we actualy get to July, but trouble is I'm getting too old as it is!

€dstowe 16:28 30 May 06

It's a ploy of the publishers to get their latest issue on the newsstands before their rivals. I remember there was a moratorium with some types of magazines a few years ago where there was supposed to be an agreement that the publishers would issue an undated (but numbered) version of their magazine because, as you are saying, the Christmas edition was due about July.

Didn't last and we're back where we were.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:47 30 May 06

I remember a couple of years back they threw in a Spring and Autumn Edition to bring the mags / months back inline.

oresome 17:17 30 May 06

"can you get us the lottery number results at the same time & we can all make a killing."

I'm afraid it doesn't work like that. You'd have to keep the numbers to a select few to win a big prize.

Now if they printed the numbers in just one copy of the magazine, I'll bet their sales will go up.

immer 22:52 30 May 06

you could be on to something there!
Thanks.

anskyber 22:59 30 May 06

I suppose what is sad is that the ploy seems to work; there are enough people out there who think that rewriting the calendar is real. Sigh.

Simsy 23:07 30 May 06

the subject of discussion a number of times...

Someone once wrote, in one of those discussions, that it becomes much less of a irritant if you think of the month printed on the cover as a "best before" date. I'm inclined to agree.

Or you can just not worry about it!

Regards,

Simsy

richardcockbain 10:34 02 Jun 06

Thanks Simsy... it felt very odd to be reading a February edition with "what to buy for Xmas" and felling like I am stuck is a time warp.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…