Is the PCA website having problems!.

spuds 10:36 09 Jan 15
Answered

Not sure if this should be in Speakers Corner or Tech Helproom!.

Is the PCA website having problems, because over the past week or so, it would seem so. Unless its a problem at my end, which I might be able to rectify, if I knew how.

Loading pages can be a serious problem, with a variety of 'waiting for' and 'site error' messages. Very similar to what we had in the past, even with server changes.

Even the presence of the Forum Editor seems to be getting less, as do some of the regular known contributor's, who were keeping the forum active on a regular basis.

spuds 10:57 09 Jan 15

I am using Google Chrome and Firefox, same problems on both. Using 'My Post' and end up with a 'site error message'. Then need to proceed using the various forums links, to continue to read anything.

spuds 11:00 09 Jan 15

Just noticed, this was posted at 10.21AM click here

Pine Man 11:02 09 Jan 15

Using Safari without problem EXCEPT trying to open My Posts!

john bunyan 11:47 09 Jan 15

Running OK on IE 11; I agree about paucity of posters.

AroundAgain 11:48 09 Jan 15

On clicking on 'My Posts', I also get Site Error page. Running Firefox 34.0.5

I've also noticed notifications of further posts to a subscribed thread are few and far between these days too.

spuds 12:43 09 Jan 15

I will tick this, because its been reported elsewhere.

spuds 12:45 09 Jan 15

Having just said that, it appears that 'My Post' is working again!.

ponytail 14:50 09 Jan 15

My posts seem ok now fingers crossed

Forum Editor 23:35 09 Jan 15

"Even the presence of the Forum Editor seems to be getting less"

How do you know that? I'm here, as I always have been, every day and every night. What you probably mean is that you don't see me posting as much as I have in the past. That's because I was criticised for having too much to say, and for 'jumping' on people all the time. I decided to say less, but I still patrol the forums - all of them - regularly.

Lots of the regulars you speak of also do that - they're here, but you don't see them posting so often. It's a free country, as they say.

Perhaps if we went out of our way to make the threads more interesting it might encourage more lurkers to join in.

Flak999 00:31 10 Jan 15

spuds

FE is probably correct when he says "Lots of the regulars you speak of also do that - they're here, but you don't see them posting so often."

I look in every day without fail, same as I have done for the last thirteen years or so. But, I only post now when I feel strongly about a particular thread subject, as I have said before I don't really do trivia. life's to short.

I find I am contributing more on other (how can I put this?) sites that have a more accommodating editorial policy!

But, in fairness we all know where we stand here, toe the party line and your fine, deviate from it and.... well I don't need to elaborate do I?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…