PCA suggest Deepnet Explorer.

TonyV 19:29 12 May 05

In the last edition of PCA there was a comment about the vulnerability of Firefox and that people were now having trouble with it due to the large number of users. PCA suggested that the use of Deepnet Explorer would be a good alternative.

I must say, that on that advice I did download and install DE. It really is good, and does exactly what it says on the tin. There have been a couple of small niggles that Deepnet are looking at for me and others, but I do find it to be much quicker than IE6 and certainly more friendly than Firefox.

However, my comment here is:- It is obviously a parasitic version of IE6 so how do they get away with it from Microsoft? After all MS are usually not that happy if someone is breaking into their ground!!

TonyV

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:51 12 May 05

*cough*.....click here

It is merely a skin that cloaks IE but with a few 'bonus' extras such as a phishing alarm.

G

TonyV 20:03 12 May 05

Yes, I remembered your previous posting regarding Deepnet, but I was just wondering now, having used it for a while, what the implications are with Microsoft when Deepnet is obviously using IE6 as a means of improving IE6! I can't see Microsoft being that impressed with some one encroaching on there particular preserve!!

TonyV

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:39 12 May 05

click here do the same.

G

TonyV 20:55 12 May 05

I tried Avant some months ago, but still maintain that Deepnet is the best of the bunch. As the FE said in your previous posting, may be this is the way to keep Microsoft on their toes. Particularly if they think someone is producing a better product than they are offering. It certainly seems a good way of getting a very up-to-date IE! In point of fact, I never really had any major problems with IE6, but Deepnet is considerably faster than IE6, and has a few more bolt on goodies which must be the sort of thing that would galvanise Microsoft in to action!!

TonyV

sidecar sid 23:06 12 May 05

I have been using Deepnet ever since GANDALF <|:-)> recommended it.

It has been my default browser for several weeks now. The advert killer is in my opinion one of the best I have encountered, and the "mouse gestures" which I first thought of as a bit of a novelty have very quickly become second nature

octal 07:20 13 May 05

Does it work without IE? click here If it doesn't, it's not a standalone browser.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…