PCA - my spiritual home:

spikeychris 21:52 12 Feb 05

OK, its a dramatic over-the-top title. However I cut my teeth [as the FE is aware] in this forum but I feel more and more isolated from it. Numbers are incredible now and I find that posting here now is becoming irrelevant. There are more and more people who post to a question with the answer. Is this what getting older feels like??

stalion 21:56 12 Feb 05

yes your right there are a lot of members posting answers now but there are also still times when you are on your own such as now on the help forum it's very quiet at the moment.
Cheers

VoG II 22:20 12 Feb 05

You have no conception of what getting old feels like, you young whippersnapper.

I still manage to get the odd post in, despite my advancing years and receeding hairline...

... most of them wrong of course :o))

carolineann 23:52 12 Feb 05

remember experience is always needed.

sidecar sid 23:58 12 Feb 05

I think VoG™ is trying to appear modest.
I enjoy this forum. I don’t spend as much time on it as some and I don't feel any sense of isolation from it as spikechris does, if I did I would simply move on and stop posting.
I do however feel this forum is unique in its layout and operation and I will continue to visit and post as long as I feel I have something relevant to contribute to it.

carolineann 00:09 13 Feb 05

Yes I agree this forum is unique. I dont come here as often as I used to, but I still find it the most helpful.

josie mayhem 00:41 13 Feb 05

Don't feel lonely and isolated,

Pop into help forum and check out my post. concerning the psu or mobo question!

I could do with all the help I can on this one, don't want to take the wrong component back, or waste too much time, swapping parts from one pc to another to try to alimmiate which is causing the problem.

Sorry about the poor keyboard workmenship, this is on the old computer with the naff keyboard!

Might buy a new one depending on what customer service I get???????

Forum Editor 01:00 13 Feb 05

in Thailand I always admire the tropical marine aquarium in the Vice President's office. It's huge, and beautifully maintained. Some of the fish are pretty big, but my eye always goes to a tiny fish which darts in and out of crevices in the coral. It's a brilliant luminous purple colour, and despite being a very small fish in a very big tank it manages to get attention.

Our perception of our individual worlds is modified by circumstances, and here in the forum we've seen many transformations over the years. Those of us who can hark back to the very beginning may occasionally do so through rose-tinted spectacles, and remember the cosy discussions that took place late into the night. There were relatively few of us then, and the pressure of hundreds of Helproom threads every day was yet to come. Lots of things were yet to come in fact, and not all of them were entirely pleasant.

Things change, and we've changed, and now we're the size of a town like Slough. We need our regular helpers as never before, and although we see a lot of newer names posting with help and advice we value experience and stability highly. You're good for many threads yet Chris, so wipe that tear from your eye, pour yourself another cup of Horlicks, and stride forth into the threads once more. You're among friends.

Colinp 08:58 13 Feb 05

I refuse to be associated with a town like Slough. ;)

spikeychris 10:30 13 Feb 05

Brilliantly written FE and at some point I intend on plagiarizing it to death.....

spuds 11:20 13 Feb 05

Remembering the times way back, when the PCA Forums commenced, things have changed quite a lot. Many new helper names have appeared over that time, and it is a good thing.Being the little community shop is no longer, and I think that is were some of us are coming from and perhaps feeling a little isolated at times.

I tend to lurk more nowadays, seeing what the world as to offer, more than contributing to it, older age and grey hair as a part in this I would suspect.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…