PCA Forum flying along nicely now!

CurlyWhirly 22:52 10 Sep 04

I have NOT suffered a JRun error or ANY other server error during the last 3 or 4 days of visiting this forum and it is apparent that PC Advisor has done a grand job of sorting out the problems that were plaguing this Forum before.
Well done and keep up the good work!
CW

VoG II 22:56 10 Sep 04

Yes, must agree. All seems well now. Thanks to FE, Oliver Dell and the team.

Long may it continue... the best helproom on the net deserves to have continuous uninterrupted service.

CurlyWhirly 22:59 10 Sep 04

Long may it continue... the best helproom on the net deserves to have continuous uninterrupted service.

How right you are!
CW

Old Shep 23:23 10 Sep 04

As coincidence goes problems on this site happened just as I went brodband. I was so looking forward to the 'instant' pages loading and it did not happen. However we are up and running normally again thanks to the PCA team and I am now reaping the rewards. Well done everyone at PCA Towers.

Ps CurlyWhirly Hows your 1mb+ broadband going have you got it yet?

CurlyWhirly 23:33 10 Sep 04

I was lucky really as thousands of people were without a broadband connection for a few days as explained at click here
but fortunately I wasn't one of them as I still have my 512 kb connection up and running.

I put my order in on 6th September and I today have had an e-mail saying that my line will be upgraded on Monday 13th September so just the weekend to wait now!
I hope that I will be able to have a stable connection as otherwise I can request that a BT Engineer comes out and fits a face-plate at NO cost to me - nice of BT to do this isn't it?
According to BT's website 95% of people who can get 512 kb service CAN upgrade to 1 mb service so I will be keeping my fingers crossed that I will be one of the lucky ones!
I decided to updrade as it will only cost me £5 a month more but if it was (say) £10 or £15 a month more than I would stay where I am!
CW

VoG II 23:46 10 Sep 04

You won't notice any difference. That's why I am sticking with my 3 Mb/s blueyonder connection. :o)

Old Shep 23:47 10 Sep 04

Nice one best of luck for the 13th!!! Keep us informed - who is your isp. (I have just signed up with Pipex) Got to say I live 'out in the sticks' so am lucky just to get the 512 service really.

CurlyWhirly 23:51 10 Sep 04

You aren't half lucky having a 3 mb connection - you really are in the 'fast lane'!
What do you mean by "You won't notice any difference"?
If you are referring to me then I think I will as on a large download (like SP2) this took me nearly an hour where as on 1 mb this would be (roughly) halved.
CW

CurlyWhirly 23:53 10 Sep 04

I will let you know how I get on on Monday!
CW

CurlyWhirly 23:56 10 Sep 04

That's why I am sticking with my 3 Mb/s blueyonder connection.

By the way if you are sticking with your (super fast) 3 Mb/s connection then how far COULD you go to IF you wanted to?
We unfortunately don't have Cable in our area which is a shame.
CW

VoG II 00:22 11 Sep 04

That's it as far as I know ... so far. On cable there is no contention ratio so you can fly irrespective of what other users are doing.

Going from 512 b/s to 1 Mb/s in your case should see an increase in speed (obviously!) but don't expect to see that on sites like this one. There is a server at the other end and that determines how fast you can "refresh".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…