PCA Forum Adverts...

fourjays 20:26 06 Dec 04

Just a quick message to see if anyone else has been getting a problem with the advert positioning on the forums.

In some threads, I seem to get two tall adverts on the right, that stick near the top, and push the actual post a good few screens down. Also, they seem to be making a jumble of the menu at times too. It either appears in one line or one big chunk. eg:

New Windows XP SP2 forum
Helproom forumConsumerWatch
forumWebDesign forumSpeakers
CornerDownloadsView your
postingsUpdate your details
Log out

Has anyone else been having these probs? It only happens on some posts... :S

powerless 20:42 06 Dec 04

Yes I get the two adverts at the top.

Valvegrid 20:42 06 Dec 04

Yes, I get the odd problem, usually a refresh clears it in my case. I do notice if someone posts a thread with for instance a long command code in the title, the latest thread list on the left takes up more room than it should, which squiggies up the middle somewhat.

Dorsai 21:02 06 Dec 04

I have noticed the very tall adds. Rather irritating. But ads are part of life. Ho Hum.

fourjays 21:18 06 Dec 04

Im not bothered about the ads existing in the forum - after all they help to pay for the servers (Even though I never click on internet banners).

Is there anyway of fixing it though (at the coding end)? Or is it a prob caused by the size of threads?

Valvegrid 21:32 06 Dec 04

I've just noticed, I can't see any ads on the right hand side, so obviously I was thinking of something else. I haven't got anything blocked either. This is what I get: click here

fourjays 21:57 06 Dec 04

Now I try to find an example so I can take a screenie of it, I can't find any. :S

Forum Editor 23:56 06 Dec 04

these things happen occasionally - it's not the end of the world.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…