PCA comes a Month Early

Seth Haniel 15:24 30 Mar 09

well approx 12 days
June issue arrived on March 28th

????

Quickbeam 15:41 30 Mar 09

Eventually it come marked with the correct month, but it'll be a year early...

Cymro. 15:51 30 Mar 09

I think that many magazines and such like publications come early. I don`t know why but I would imagine that someone must thing that sending their magazine out so early leads to more sales although I can`t imagine who it should.

bobbybowls 17:18 30 Mar 09

it is because publishers want their magazines to be first on the news stand. after years of publishing a week earlier than the competitors magazines, we get to the stage we are at now.

bremner 17:42 30 Mar 09

This has been debated many times and is not across the board.

Top Gear magazine April edition was in the shops last week.

Stuartli 00:45 31 Mar 09

I would politely suggest you recite the months of the year and work it out again - it's certainly not 12 days...:-)

Monthly magazines are dated approximately six weeks ahead when first released for the simple reason that it maintains maximum shelf life in the shops.

The subject has been aired many times in the forums but the answer is always the same...:-)

Seth Haniel 08:22 31 Mar 09

the 12 days - is in advance of the usual early appearance of the magazine which as many threads have been on - this occurance is 12 days earlier than that-
When I did not get it one month till 17th of Month I got slated for mentioning it -

That is why I said 12 days early as if i'd said 3 months early I wouldn't hear the last of it ;(

BT 08:37 31 Mar 09

"Monthly magazines are dated approximately six weeks ahead when first released for the simple reason that it maintains maximum shelf life in the shops."

Can't really see that argument as the next edition will also be issued early which means it will replace the previous one on the shelves. The old ones are taken down when the new ones arrive so they still only spend one month on sale however early they are dated. No shop has several editions on display at the same time.

Stuartli 10:26 31 Mar 09
  Simsy 11:16 31 Mar 09

a good way of thinking about it, which I came across a long time ago, and makes sense, it to think of it as a "best before" date.

It works for me!

Regards,

Simsy

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…