PC World, Net-V-Shop

Djohn 20:42 01 Jun 05

Little tip for anyone wanting something from PC World. I found this out by accident when I phoned their help-line to query something, and the young lady on the help desk told me how to do it. Hope you find it useful.

I wanted to buy the Netgear DG834GT Wireless router modem. I know it can be found for slightly less at on-line sites but I wanted it today.

Shop price £129.99 On-line price £83.99.Saving of £46.00! Big saving and applies to all their products, though the price difference does vary.

Select the item you want at the internet price - place in the basket - proceed to checkout - confirm order. Once you have done this you are given the option to leave the item in the Net basket or, transfer to "Collect at store basket."

Transfer the item then type in your name - address - phone number - Post code. Site checks to see if its in stock at your local store and if it is, places it on reserve for 48 hours, and confirms the price. Print out the page and pop round to the store and its there waiting for you at the internet price.

PS: You are not asked for any Credit or Debit card details and you pay when you pick up at the store.

russmini 21:32 01 Jun 05

Yes, did this very thing a few weeks ago to get a mouse really cheap.

Did actually post on here to tell other people about it as well, same as you, so hopefully everyone wiil read these posts and start saving money using PCW, mind you they will probably change the rules then !!

Pooke 21:43 01 Jun 05

I have saved quite a few quid using that service, but haven't used it in a while.

Think it's brilliant, other chains should follow suit!

sidecar sid 00:17 02 Jun 05

Excellent tip,not something i was aware of.

Thank you Djohn.

Curio 14:19 02 Jun 05

This - I like!!

sunny staines 20:07 02 Jun 05

tried to use this procedure saw an item in the store. went home checked the pcw website and there was the same item £20 less. but could not procede as everytime i click the basket it shows items out of stock.

thinking about ordering the same item from novatech but not as cheap as pcw online.

dan11 20:48 02 Jun 05

Same as russmini. Have used this a few times now. They don't like it to much at our store, but as long as you take a copy of the webpage you are alright.

Also have mentioned it in a few threads like russmini. lol

dth 17:34 03 Jun 05

thanks - good tip

p;3 02:34 11 Jun 05

my postings:)

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:21 12 Jun 05

Noted Ta!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…