Pc Virtual Pets?.

Kase 16:38 22 Mar 05

I have just been following a link on virtual and cyber pets very interesting. My granddaughter has just had for her birthday a Tamagocchi or Tamagotchi.
I wonder if all Computers should be delivered with such a thing, perhaps something for Microsoft to bundle with the next Windows operating system?, to enable all the computer users to feel loved and release the stress factor.

GANDALF <|:-)> 17:01 22 Mar 05

If I ever 'owned' one of these I would be worried about my sanity and be questioning my realistic perception of life.

G

Kase 19:26 22 Mar 05

Thanks 'G' ever been to Japan!!!?.

Forum Editor 19:28 22 Mar 05

I didn't realise they were still around.

I know that the Japanese are very fond of the virtual pet/friend concept, and it's been a familiar aspect of growing up for many children for centuries. It's just that surely - something that appeals to children? I certainly tend to share GANDALF <|:-)>'s feeling that adults who need virtual friends or pets are probably having a few difficulties coping in the real world.

S5W 19:37 22 Mar 05

Computers delivered with tamagotchis? what a ridiculous idea.

Kase 19:52 22 Mar 05

With due respect FE I suggest you do a Google on "Tamagocchi" an article from Neo-Tokyo Magazine, it may open your eyes it did mine. Perhaps the reaction from the UK is one of the stiff upper lip!!. Do people in these insular times need a Virtual friend and does a Pc or simular item provide it?.

octal 19:56 22 Mar 05

You can get enough bugs off the Internet, so there's no need for a Tamagotchi!

Dan the Confused 21:20 22 Mar 05

Dan the Confused <--- Hates virtual pets

BIG Ben strikes 10 again! 21:26 22 Mar 05

click here

God this was so annoying,everyone in school we be on it.They would trade money for neopoints,and there lunch whatever.

I remember the good old tamos,everyone had them when i was in yr3,about 6 years ago.

I would only like a virtual pet if you could poke them,and starve them to death,oh and rip out there brains and make them eat it.

Ben.

Jackcoms 21:32 22 Mar 05

"Perhaps the reaction from the UK is one of the stiff upper lip!!".

So let's keep it that way.

No one has ever accused the rest of the world of being in the real world.

Forum Editor 21:47 22 Mar 05

About the only thing it did for me was confirm what I already knew. Tamagotchi - for that's what it was branded in the US and UK - was/is something for children, or child-like adults. Anyone who seriously believes that such a toy is anything more than that - a toy - is (in my opinion) in need of a reality check.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…