P.C.A downloads section a bit old

when i first joined P.C.A online(2-3 years ago, cant remember realy), i went to the downloads section and was pretty pleased with the wide range of downloads,but now its just the same old downloads as before with no real updated software :( i thought i would revisit the downloads section today and i see 1 with 2007 besides it...i know most software is freely available elsewhere, but the downloads section has got cobwebs and needs cleaning up..i wouldnt mind paying a small subscription to P.C.A to download better content..hang on...why not have the cover disc available for download or a virtual magazine or both :)
p.s i know someone will say buy the magazine :-0

lol just had another look and its 1 for 2008???
getting ahead now lol..there is even stuff from 1998 :)

Jimmy14 22:00 02 May 07

"why not have the cover disc available for download"

It would be far more expensive for pc advisor to upload 4.8Gb at a time for the dvd then all the bandwith for people downloading from the website. The website has its own problems at the moment and this would run it into the ground. I see your point of paying a small fee but not everyone would prefer to do this and probably like getting their dvd each month.

It would be far more expensive for pc advisor to upload 4.8Gb at a time

i was thinking more of having the dvd available but only download the software you want.. no different to the download section now..but admitingly it would hamper bandwidth..but hey new server isnt it ? :)

just as well get rid of the download section then and create more forums with the extra bandwidth :)

RickyC :-) 23:35 03 May 07

The downloads directory is an extremely popular part of the site, and certainly not something that we'll be getting rid of.

Despite the text on the pages being rather dated, the actual files that we link to (and that you download) via our download directory are up-to-date so please continue to update your favourite utilities from this section.

We're looking very seriously at this section, with plans to ensure that the information is as current as the files that are available for download.

Watch this space!

regards
Richard
Cover Disc Editor

didnt realise it was that popular :) so most of the links to download the various software titles are new links with old references...i see..will have a trawl through again and see whats up for grabs :) thankyou richard. regards akanic

watching this space!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac