PC Advisor's technology Of The Decade

simonjary 13:36 22 Dec 09

We picked ten nominees for our Technologies Of The Decade, and just one winner.

click here

What do you think?

Woolwell 14:45 22 Dec 09

Difficult to argue with that choice although some in rural areas without broadband may disagree.

Seth Haniel 15:15 22 Dec 09

clicked on your link and got the Blackberry ad

then a blank page !!???

Quickbeam 15:47 22 Dec 09

For me, sat-nav technology has transformed all aspects of travel/transport navigation and destination finding to a fine art, and in my mind it is as great an impact on everyday life as Windows was when it first appeared.

wiz-king 16:22 22 Dec 09

The one thing that makes most of the work .. the humble battery. Without the improvements in battery technology mobile phones would still be 'le brick' size, ditto MP3 players.

Forum Editor 18:17 22 Dec 09

broadband wins hands down,for all the reasons mentioned in the article.

By 2012 - if what BT says is true - everyone who lives in a city or large town will have access to a 'superfast' connection. There's also the prospect of an Internet TV service available via a £200 set-top box as early as next year.

Where's all that bandwidth going to come from, and more importantly, who's going to pay for it - do you think it's about time that our government stopped 'prioritising' universal broadband access, and starting investing some of our money in it?

Input Overload 19:14 22 Dec 09

I don't agree with a 'Broadband tax' when I'm paying out a fair sum each month for a 50 MegBit Virgin connection which is my choice. But BB has changed the way I live my life, & it's a bit worrying how quickly you become accustomed to a 50 meg connection.

Roll on 100 MegBit! it must be said a lot of the time things aren't much quicker as you are in the hands of the server speed of the site you are on, etc. It was nice however to download the 'Auto-Route' Beta, over 2 gig in the time it took to make a cup of tea.

User-1229748 20:25 22 Dec 09

only wish virgin would extend there cable an extra 50 feet on to my road :o(

Input Overload 20:39 22 Dec 09

smackheadz, I live in a small village 3 miles or so from the exchange & my ADSL was dreadful. Just over half a MegBit. When I got a letter from Virgin to say I was in a connection area I was very surprised.

User-1229748 20:57 22 Dec 09

lol,i'm suffering with virgin adsl yet 50feet away the next road have cable.the small village i live in is called birmingham :o)

Input Overload 21:15 22 Dec 09

there are only 90 or so houses in the village I don't know what NTL was thinking of when they originally ran the cables up the road. Unless there are wheels in wheels in a house?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…