PC Advisor Website

happyhacker 06:51 AM 16 Mar 13

I have a reasonably fast Win 7 Pro laptop but I am constantly annoyed when loading the PC Advisor pages. Especially so when I got that flashy ad which I didn't want and had to wait several seconds for it to finish before I could close it. There is just too much stuff flashing around on the page.

Please do something or I will stop coming to this website!

morddwyd 09:24 AM 16 Mar 13

The ads pay for the site, and enable it to remain free.

woodchip 09:37 AM 16 Mar 13

Your Browser should have a Add Blocker built in, turn it on

wee eddie 15:05 PM 16 Mar 13

woodchip: - Where is the Ad-Blocker for IE10, or can you recommend an alternative, preferably free!

TopCat® 15:13 PM 16 Mar 13

Just for info:

Previously I had the IE8 browser installed but now, thanks to a Windows update, have IE10 running. For me, using Windows7 Pro OS, the transformation is quite remarkable. I was suffering with slow webpages loading, especially this PCA website, but now pages load very fast and I am very pleased with this browser. TC.

Al94 16:42 PM 16 Mar 13

The mobile site isn't rendering properly this weekend for me.

rdave13 16:50 PM 16 Mar 13

Install (free version) Spywareblaster, click here, update and enable all protection. You'll see a difference.

Pine Man 17:02 PM 16 Mar 13

wee eddie

There isn't an ad blocker in IE10 but I installed the following in Manage Add-Ons/Tracking Protection.

Name- Fanboy. Status- Enabled. Address http://www.fanboy.co.nz/adblock/ie/fanboy-tracking.tpl

Name- EasyList. Status- Enabled. Address http://easylist-msie.adblockplus.org/easylist.tpl

Quiller. 18:21 PM 16 Mar 13

wee eddie

To see how PCA should open in IE10

With Internet Explorer open

press F12

to open the developers tool bar

select the disable tab

tick the script option

close the developer tool

and try the PCA web site.

Only thing is it disables all sites.

finerty 20:09 PM 16 Mar 13

morddwyd The ads pay for the site, and enable it to remain free. Could you give us abreakdown on the how much profit PCA is amking to cover its costs??

john bunyan 20:16 PM 16 Mar 13

How on earth do you expect a forum user to know the details you ask for? Are you not grateful that PCA has a free forum that we can enjoy? I am sorry but I dissociate myself from such posts.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Vaio Z Canvas release date, price and specs: Another Surface Pro rival but for the US

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Steve Albini's notorious email is now a punchy music video

Live Photo tips: How to take Live Photos on the iPhone 6s, how to view, share, edit and find Live…