P.C. Advisor subscription

Joe R 21:47 07 Dec 05

I recieved a letter from IDG today, offering me a subscription to the magazine for the princely sum of £14.99, for six issues of the dvd mag' and a free Encyclopedia Brittanica 2006 Dvd.

Handy, I thought, I'll go online and order through the forum site, only to be greeted by the same offer, 'though this time at £19.99.

Will the £14.99 offer be done online, or will I have to wade through the Xmas post with my application.

Regards Joe.

Forum Editor 22:38 07 Dec 05

I'll find out, and let you know.

Joe R 18:25 08 Dec 05

Recieved an E-mail from Jim @ IDG today, with instructions on how to use the offer online.

Thank you F.E. and all at the mag.

Forum Editor 18:44 08 Dec 05

Jim Birch (our subscription manager) told me he was on the case.

SG Atlantis® 23:01 08 Dec 05

And i got a 2004 edition of a completely different encyclopaedia when I signed up for the 2005 Brittanica one! Just this month!

*huffs

Wonder should I send the the thing back as it's unopened and cancel the subscription?

jimb72 10:05 09 Dec 05

It sounds like there has been a mistake at our subscriptions bureau and you were sent the wrong gift. It should have been the 2005 edition of the Encyclopedia Britannica. I will arrange a replacement.
regards
Jim Birch
Subscriptions Manager

SG Atlantis® 10:58 09 Dec 05

thanks for the response I have emailed you my details.

SG A

sunny staines 16:07 09 Dec 05

the web page stills show £19.99p instead of £14.99p
and the DVD as 2005 instead of 2006.

Will the web page be amended or was joe's quote in error?

SG Atlantis® 16:32 09 Dec 05

£19.99 is the standard deal and is superb value, that is what I paid.

Joe R 19:33 09 Dec 05

sunny staines,

no my quote is not in error, the promotional code is dmnov004, which states that the offer is for six issues of the Dvd edition mag, and a copy of Encyclopedia Britannica 2006.

I also tried to register for this offer last night, using the code shown, but had nowhere to input it.

I have contacted IDG by e-mail, and hopefully will get a reply soon.

I also should add, that this offer is only by direct debit.

sunny staines 11:30 10 Dec 05

joe

thankyou

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…