PC Advisor - Site Helpfulness

doveys 15:13 01 Aug 06

I have only recently found this site (OK I'm sorry I got here late, but I'm here now!!) and I am so impressed with the help, advice and general helpfulness that is freely given to help those in difficulty.

I've just been reading a topic in the Webdesign forum, and the respomses were absolutely brilliant especially to the 'new' web designers.

I am particulary impressed with the Forum Editor whose tone and content of repy is to be commended.

Very well done! 10 out of 10! Excellent!

rezeeg 15:19 01 Aug 06

doveys welcome aboard - you're not the FE's relative by any chance? ;-))

Forum Editor 18:38 01 Aug 06

I'm delighted to confirm that doveys and I are unrelated, and have never met.

We're glad you like our forum, doveys.

wolfie3000 06:08 02 Aug 06

I came here a year or so ago and still think this is one of the best forums on the net.

Welcome to the pcadvisor forum doveys.

koochy 12:12 02 Aug 06

I myself have only been here for less than a year but i won't go anywhere else now for advise or just a general winge (In the speakers corner forum). This site is by far the best for any advice you wish.
The forum editor does run a tight ship (this is a good thing FE) as about 2 months ago i was very suprised to find someone using offensive language so reported it to the FE and within about 10 minutes the post had been removed.

Good allround site with a lot of very helpfull and informative people.

Koochy

VoG II 20:40 02 Aug 06

I roam here and there but this is absolutely the best - no question about it. There are other sites for example click here for spyware issues or click here for Excel but for general computing issues there is no question - PCA is the best. Even as members come and go.

Forum Editor 17:33 03 Aug 06

is how our forum is know far and wide. I'm just back from a couple of days being corporately entertained at Goodwood races, and computers cropped up in a conversation. Someone jumped in and gave us a massive free plug. I didn't know this person, so I kept quiet, and enjoyed hearing our praises being sung. The helproom came in for some serious compliments.

Diemmess 17:53 03 Aug 06

How I came to discover an almost life-changing experience I'm ashamed to confess I have no idea whatsoever, unless it was browsing the magazine websites and found this one. Can't even remember when, but probably 4-5 years ago.
Computing has been so much more pleasant and except for Sod's law is no longer close my eyes and hit Enter!

LimestoneRock 18:29 03 Aug 06

The personalities, expertise, humour and moreover, the presentation of the Forum itself compared to others makes it the best.

recap 18:32 03 Aug 06

I was introduced to this site by a tutor when I was on a University IT course back in 2000. The site has helped me on numerous occassions, and I do believe it has helped me to get the position I am now in at work. Thanks PCA and site members.

I recommend it to learner who I teach, and on a couple of occassions have had it recommended back to me. Like the FE "I kept quiet".

Forum Editor 18:36 03 Aug 06

It was in Januray 2002 when you first made that "almost life-changing experience".

We've seen a few changes since then, eh?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 7 simple tips to get more out of…