PC Advisor reader photo competition - vote now

PC Advisor 08:36 05 Mar 10

In November, we asked readers to send us photographs that sum up 'winter' and hundreds of you obliged. PC Advisor's team of experts looked at each photo, and whittled down the entrants to the ten we reveal below

click here

Now you can have a hand in selecting the winners as Corel will provide a copy of Corel Digital Studio 2010 to the best five photos, as selected by PC Advisor readers.

Check out the photos by clicking on the link above, and then vote for your THREE favourites in the accompanying poll in the left-hand column of the site. The poll will remain live until 5:30pm on Monday 15th March 2010.

Thank you to everyone who entered PC Advisor's Summer 2009 Photo Competition, and to all those who take part in the poll.

Quickbeam 08:45 05 Mar 10

I just voted and altered the pie chart drastically. I must just be the second to vote.

Quickbeam 08:46 05 Mar 10

I can't fathom out how the frozen space was taken. It's one of the most unique out of the camera shots I've ever seen.

Matt Egan 09:40 05 Mar 10

It's a good shot, isn't it? They all are. We were really impressed with the entrants - it was really tough to come up with a short list. There's a lot of talent in the PC Advisor audience, it seems.

BRYNIT 09:54 05 Mar 10

I had a good look at frozen space and after a while realized it looks like a macro shot of some clear ice. I believe what you can see is air trapped in the ice I could be wrong.

Quickbeam 09:58 05 Mar 10

I'm wondering if it's from below, looking up.

sunnystaines 10:29 05 Mar 10

pictures better this time round, saw three I thought were good and voted for the one I thought was well done.

wolfie3000 10:31 05 Mar 10

Voted,

I must say there all impressive, wouldn't mind a larger version of them all as they would make excellent desktop wallpapers.

Labdweller 18:41 05 Mar 10

Also mesmerised by Frozen Space..

Are you sure it is a macro of ice? The thing looks quite big? Also if it was the underside of a surface, how would the ice form there?

six-h 00:50 06 Mar 10

For some reason I can't see the "larger view" after clicking on the images and have to zoom the page to 400%.
Still can't figure out "Frozen Space"!

lotvic 02:23 06 Mar 10

I clicked on the larger view and saved 'Frozen Space' as it so intrigued me. I also think it is the ice sheet upside down view.

Got it set as wallpaper at the mo' :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac