PC Advisor reader photo competition - vote now

PC Advisor 16:08 13 Aug 09

In May, we asked readers to send us photographs that sum up 'summer' and hundreds of you obliged. PC Advisor's team of experts looked at each photo, and whittled down the entrants to the ten we reveal below

click here

Now you can have a hand in selecting the winners as Corel will provide a copy of Paint Shop Pro Photo X2 Ultimate to the best five photos, as selected by PC Advisor readers.

Check out the photos by clicking on the link above, and then vote for your THREE favourites in the accompanying poll in the left-hand column of the site. The poll will remain live until 5:30pm on Wednesday 19th August.

Thank you to everyone who entered PC Advisor's Summer 2009 Photo Competition, and to all those who take part in the poll.

paul trotter 16:22 13 Aug 09

I should also add that we've deliberately not included people's names next to their pictures. If you sent in one of the top ten photos, thank you and congratulations! But let's keep things anonymous for now.

Thanks to everyone who entered, and to those who take part in the vote.

Paul Trotter, PCA

Proclaimer 16:41 13 Aug 09

go on show us more

Si_L 16:45 13 Aug 09

Why is the Ear of Corn picture copyrighted?

Forum Editor 16:54 13 Aug 09

Probably because the person who took the photograph wants to stop people copying it and using it in some way.

The copyright in all photographs is automatically vested in the photographer. For instance, if I take your wedding photos I own the copyright in them unless we agree otherwise, and if I take a photograph of your face on the street, or in a football crowd I own the copyright, not you.

In the case of images submitted to us for this competition, it was a condition of entry that copyright in all the images was licensed to us for the purposes of publication.

Si_L 17:34 13 Aug 09

If thats the case, why just the one photo?

Bingalau 17:44 13 Aug 09

Looking at the results of the poll so far, it seems to me that we are more artistic than sentimental. I suppose the percentage who have voted for the chicks or the flowers are mostly women?

Forum Editor 17:46 13 Aug 09

Because we didn't put the copyright claim on the image - the person who took the photo did that.

We're keen to keep this anonymous as far as the photographers are concerned, so I'm not going into names.

Bingalau 17:46 13 Aug 09

I can't remember if I entered or not. But maybe after the results are finalised we can see all of the pictures, with or without names. Seems a shame that hundreds have entered and we can't see them.

Forum Editor 17:48 13 Aug 09

"I suppose the percentage who have voted for the chicks or the flowers are mostly women?"

That's an interesting comment, but I doubt that it's true. I know of two women who didn't vote for either, and three men who did.

Forum Editor 17:49 13 Aug 09

We don't intend to publish all the submitted images.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…