PC Advisor number-one tech magazine website!

simonjary 12:21 16 Dec 08

Read all about our good news here, and thanks to all the forum users for helping us reach this achievement:

click here&

Regards,

Simon
Publisher, PC Advisor

Cymro. 12:35 16 Dec 08

Yes indeed I thought this would come up on the forum this morning and I agree completely with what you say, as it is indeed a very good forum that has helped me out of a tight corner many a time.

Perhaps it would have been better though to have left such a posting to some other member rather than a PC advisor member of staff. It sounds rather like self praise. Mind you I must admit it is very well deserved praise.

simonjary 12:44 16 Dec 08

We just couldn't wait!

Snec 13:11 16 Dec 08

The ten most popular magazine websites come from nine different sectors. Only technology - represented by IDG's PC Advisor and Wired - has more than one representative. That makes PC Advisor the number-one most popular technology site for UK traffic, and seventh overall in all sectors.

A well deserved accolade!

Cymro. 13:33 16 Dec 08

It is now some two and a half years since my kids bought me my first and only computer. All I knew before that was the little bit I had picked up several years previously on my sons Commodore 64.

So I buy myself a copy of PC For Dummies. I have just looked at the back and find that it cost me £14.95 and a right waste of money it was. Well perhaps not a complete waste but very over priced for what little I ever learnt from it.

I still have a lot to learn and I tinker as much as I ever did but a little more carefully and with proper back up these days. I think if it were not for the help I have had from this forum either the computer, myself or even the wife would have had to go.

I have learnt not to get too upset at some of the things said in the Speakers Corner section, probably a very good thing in itself. But I have learnt even more about computers. So PC Adviser thanks a lot for everything.

Forum Editor 18:43 16 Dec 08

and this rating is something to feel quite pleased about. When you work away at something and finally see the results being recognised in this way it's a good feeling, and I can well understand Simon's enthusiasm.

laurie53 20:05 16 Dec 08

Congratulations to all at PCA and to the regulars in Helproom who have also done their bit.

carver 21:11 16 Dec 08

A bit of self-praise isn't a crime

In this case it's well deserved, it's good to see this site doing so well, or maybe not.

I don't mean to be funny but maybe this site is doing so well because PC manufactures and products associated with them are still producing some crap stuff.

Anyway congratulations to the staff at PCA and to the all the people who have helped.

Forum Editor 22:39 16 Dec 08

Everything is relative - if there was a 100% improvement in manufacturing and customer service standards across the board there would still be complaints.

dukeboxhero 15:09 17 Dec 08

Well done all at PCA nothing wrong with a bit of back slapping for a job well done

DieSse 21:50 17 Dec 08

Well done - a tribute to the site design and it's operating ethos.

I admit to being more than gob-smacked that Scientific American came out ahead of you, though.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…