PC Advisor Mags

jimikt 17:12 27 Aug 06

I have mags dating from before of 2003 up to the present date. If anyone is interested please contact me by email.

Forum Editor 17:14 27 Aug 06

that many people have collections going back a good deal further thn that.

Jimmy14 17:26 27 Aug 06

Can someone tell me when the first PC Advisor Magazine was published? Just curious.

pj123 17:31 27 Aug 06

As the FE says. I have some going back before that time and so has my Doctor's waiting room.

ed-0 17:31 27 Aug 06

" PC Advisor delivers expert advice you can trust to business and home PC users who want to buy the best-value equipment and make the most out of the equipment they already own. First published in 1995 by IDG, the world's leading IT publisher, PC Advisor has built a considerable reputation for offering comprehensive and impartial buying advice, informed and easy-to-understand tutorials and workshops, as well as ground-breaking coverage of service-related issues. "

from click here

oresome 17:38 27 Aug 06

I believe I probably purchased it at 99p.

wolfie3000 23:16 27 Aug 06

Most of my pcadvisors get recycled, Even tryed to compost one once as a test to see if it would break down into compost I think it still hasent lol,

What do they make the pcadvisor magazine out of as it takes ages to compost?

ade.h 23:33 27 Aug 06

With PC/technology magazines, is there any point in keeping them beyond a year or so? Unless, with one eye on future nostalgia, you can identify a few issues that feature what might become seminal product reviews/articles. I will admit that PCW's monthly look back to five, ten, fifteen and twenty years ago is sometimes interesting from that point of view.

wee eddie 23:58 27 Aug 06

is 2 years back copies of PCA & Computeractive, I had a clear-out on Thursday and collection day is tomorrow.

I used to keep a dozen back copies but have not needed to reference them for a good year or more. Anyway its more challenging trying to access any answer I need on the net or sometimes here when I'm stumped.

wolfie3000 00:01 28 Aug 06

Maybe someone should run a thread on the weirdest use for a pcadvisor magazine,
I got one wedged under my washing machine to stop the noise.

Curio 19:33 28 Aug 06

Have been taking PCA since its conception. I used to clip out the articles I wanted to keep and bin the rest. Having accumulated books on Windows 95, 98 and XP, plus a couple of upgrade/maintain/repair PCs, I pass on the mag to son in law and he recycles it on completion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…