pc advisor magazine

dukeboxhero 20:46 23 Apr 07

having just finnished reading the june adition i find i have run out of room in the space my wife has alocated me for pc advisor, so what do you do with yours ? do you throw them out ? or are you a hoarder like me?

anskyber 20:51 23 Apr 07

Doctors waiting room.

laurie53 21:25 23 Apr 07

Gosh that's a difficult one; imagine having to choose between your wife and PCA!

dukeboxhero 21:28 23 Apr 07

laurie53 its tempting but im not that brave

wolfie3000 21:44 23 Apr 07

I keep all mine until the girlfriend moans and then they go for recycling.

wee eddie 21:47 23 Apr 07

When I reach 2 years, I chuck out about 6 months or so.

DrScott 21:48 23 Apr 07

I know the feeling - but then I get moaned at for filling the recycling bin up?!

Forum Editor 01:27 24 Apr 07

at the page where my article is, and leave them on every table and shelf in the house, so people can admire my deathly prose.

OR

I stack them neatly in my office, in case I need to refer back to something in future.

You decide which.

Belatucadrus 01:46 24 Apr 07

That used to be my rationale, but having accumulated several hundredweight of PCAdvisors, Pros, Pluses and several others that have died the death, it dawned on me that not only did I never actually look at them, but progress had rendered most of the content as dead as the dodo. Interesting, but of remarkably little practical use and digging out what any have been some good from the humongous pile was so near impossible that it was largely academic anyway.
Our local paper recycler had a field day.

Belatucadrus 01:49 24 Apr 07

"digging out what any have been some good"

Should read "digging out any that may have been some good."

Spellcheck only goes so far, my proof reading at this time of night is clearly pathetic.

Kate B 09:29 24 Apr 07

I believe the phrase is "deathless prose", but perhaps you feel differently about your words, Peter *chuckle*

In the bin, I'm afraid. As Belatucadrus remarks, their content gets outdated quickly. As I'm going through a magazine I mark anything I want to try or follow up on; once that's done, they're gone.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced