PC Advisor Community Zone

simonjary 16:30 04 Jun 07

Hi, guys.

As has been pointed out here on numerous occasions, the PCA Forums are free - but supported by advertising.

One unintrusive form of revenue generation is a sponsored zone in the site, and we have just launnched one today - called Community Zone, sponsored by the nice people at HP.

It will help us if as many forum members as possible visit this part of the site, play the game, enter the competition, click the ads!

The forum is a community and we want to give it the best support we can. This costs money, and you'd help by checking out the zone (and maybe telling your friends, family and colleagues about it).

You might even win tickets to the Rigby World Cup as a result!

And please keep coming back to the zone to check out new content, games and competitions.

You'll find it here:
click here

Thanks.

Simon Jary, Publisher, PC Advisor

anskyber 16:41 04 Jun 07

Interesting. Potentially a very useful graft onto the core services of the PCA site. Can I assume the expert who will answer some of the questions will be funded by this zone?

Pine Man 16:42 04 Jun 07

Would that be the Eleanor RIGBY world cup ;-)

simonjary 16:45 04 Jun 07

Er, yes... Rugby World Cup!

Yes, experts and all content funded by the site. The revenue also goes to help pay the £6,000 a month it costs to host the site on effecient servers.

Thanks.

anskyber 16:47 04 Jun 07

Good, very useful.I've done my ad clicking for today if the click throughs are going to be used to fund helpful "free" advice.

pj123 16:52 04 Jun 07

"You might even win tickets to the Rigby World Cup as a result!"

I don't know about the Rigby World Cup but I wouldn't mind a couple of tickets to the Rugby World Cup?

Forum Editor 20:16 04 Jun 07

and we could hardly have started with a more prestigious company for a partner. I hope you'll all take a look at the Community zone, and let us know what you think.

As Simon says, we need the revenue from ventures like this - I'm due a holiday in the Maldives, and then there are the bills for our staff conference in Aspen.

spikeychris 21:34 04 Jun 07

It’s a rare event when I continue reading anything starting with Hi guys but I'm pleased I did. Clicked all that could be clicked.

sunny staines 22:15 04 Jun 07

not noticed this CZ forum before. I have entered the competition dont forget to send me the tickets as i'm sure i got the right answer.

hi score on retrovaders wah hey

Kev.Ifty 23:29 04 Jun 07

Just wondered if the new CZ will be available to 'Googlers'?

If so, perhaps a great big link to encourage non members to make their contribution. lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…