PC Advisor and bad advice.

allandennehy 15:17 17 Jan 05

Since December, both in the magazines and online, PC Advisor has been telling us that the Sapphire X800 XT is a better buy than the Galaxy 6800 GT. Fair enough, both graphics cards are excellent and only one card can be placed in the number one spot.
However let us take a look at PC Advisors main arguement as to why Galaxy doesnt take the prize and I quote;
"This is all the more surprising when you consider that the GT’s specifications aren’t all that good. Galaxy has made its own improvements to the original chip design – adding an extra 20MHz to the standard core clock speed of 350MHz, for example – but it’s still theoretically hampered by such cutbacks as only having 12-pixel pipelines."
click here
THE GALAXY 6800 GT HAS 16 PIPELINES!! It always has. So does the Aopen Aeolus 6800 Gt in third place in your graphics card roundup. As far as I know it is impossible to buy a 6800GT with 12 pipelines. Maybe the writer has gotten confused with the Radeon X 800 pro, I dont know, but this article displays a lack of very basic knowledge in this field. That this blunder has been repeated in issue 115 makes things only worse.
I would suggest that PC Advisor correct this information. Perhaps a few lines about the noise levels of the various cards would help people make a qualified decision before they make their purchase.

click here

FE says he's passed the information on to

Forum Editor 16:57 17 Jan 05

to the department that deals with reviews. Apart from that there's nothing I can do personally.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…