PayPal Postage

Quickbeam 10:34 AM 13 Nov 11

Has anyone else had trouble trying to print postage labels lately from the Ebay link to PayPal?

Since Wednesday I've had the message 'We are not able to generate your label at this time. Your PayPal account was not charged. Please try again later.'

At first I thought it was because a packet that I posted on Wednesday was going to Denmark, so I just took it to the post office. Now this morning, I have 7 ended items that are also getting this message...???

Quickbeam 10:34 AM 13 Nov 11

...with UK destinations.

gengiscant 10:39 AM 13 Nov 11

I must admit I have never used PayPal to do postage as I do it through my online Royal Mail account for the small items and Parcel monkey for the bigger.

But to answer your question perhaps a problem their end?

Quickbeam 10:42 AM 13 Nov 11

'...perhaps a problem their end?'

Surely not for most of the week?

gengiscant 10:50 AM 13 Nov 11

Oops sorry I missed your mention of Wednesday.

If you Google We are not able to generate your label at this time. Your PayPal account was not charged. Please try again later.' Then I think you will find it is how you type the address issue.

PayPal Post

Quickbeam 11:24 AM 13 Nov 11

It seems to be some sort of browser problem, I've just completed the postage using Internet Explorer, I use Firefox normally.

I'll have to have a look at that when I get time. Any ideas?

gengiscant 11:27 AM 13 Nov 11

As I do not use Firefox on a regular basis, cannot help,sorry.

spuds 12:12 PM 13 Nov 11

You may find what gengiscant as suggested might be the problem. The system does not like the address details, and rejects it?.

If sending stuff abroad, even to the EU, then its best to fix a declaration form on the item, because it could save the person receiving the item a few possible problems with customs etc.

Perhaps best to use a Post Office with Ebay stuff, and obtain a certificate of posting and/or declaration form?.

hijaxers 16:20 PM 22 Nov 11

The reason paypal postage is not working is because Royal Mail has updated their site and its not working properly. They are trying to rectify but as yet its still down, so not much anyone can do but wait ! Jax.

hijaxers 16:24 PM 22 Nov 11

The reason paypal postage is not working is because Royal Mail updated their website and its now not working properly, they are trying to fix the problems so not much anyone can do but hope they fix it fast !

Al94 17:28 PM 22 Nov 11

I sold an item on eBay this week and was paid via PayPal. Paying postage and printing label via PayPal worked fine for me.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Sony Xperia Z5 launch live: Sony Xperia Z5 live video stream from IFA 2015 - watch…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

DxO One 'pro' camera attachment for the iPhone: UK pricing & availability

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites