paypal email scam

xclr8r 20:59 02 Feb 08

Hi Guys,

I had an e mail supposed to be from PayPal today saying.
We are contacting you to remind you that on31 Jan 2008 our account review team identified some unusual activity in your account.

In accordance with PayPal's User Agreement and Privacy Policy, and to ensure that your account has not been compromised yet, access to your account was limited.
Your account access will remain limited until this issue has been resolved.

To secure your account and quickly restore full access on your account, we encourage you to log in and perform the steps necessary to restore your account access as soon as possible by clicking the link below.

It then gives a link and gives you a few reasons why you must do it.
The address at the end is
PayPal, Inc
po Box 45950
Omaha, NE 68145.

It has been confirmed by PayPal as a Phishing e mail, so I thought I would just let all you guys know about it, incase it comes your way.

Kemistri 21:01 02 Feb 08

Noted.

lisa02 21:04 02 Feb 08

Never click the link in an email to log in to an account. Always type the address into the URL bar yourself.

xclr8r 21:06 02 Feb 08

Well said Lisa02, I should of added that in my original post.

jolorna 23:34 02 Feb 08

i get these and im not even signed up for a paypal account, also to a email address that isn't for ebay so it just proves they are spam

Blackhat 23:51 02 Feb 08

As an experienced ebayer (1300+feebacks) and using Paypal 99% of the time I have had this and similar emails at least 30 times in the last few years. I have never responded to any of them and never had a problem.

At first I reported them to Paypal but as they are very aware of them they always advise to delete and ignore.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…