Patty Andrews RIP sadly missed

john bunyan 31 Jan 13
Answered

The last of the Andrews sisters has died. I fondly remember them in the late '40's - "Yellow Basket", "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B" etc. I have a few on the iPod.

Boogie Woogie

morddwyd 31 Jan 13

Well even if no-one else is, I will join in your mourning, jb.

As ever, thanks for the entertainment to you and your sisters, Miss Andrews; including the other talented performers you inspired.

RIP

SillBill 31 Jan 13

I always remember them being introduced as "Patty, Maxene and LaVerne"

Bing.alau 31 Jan 13

They were absolutely brilliant. These days if you go to a 40's to 50's re-union or reminiscing event, you will find they are much copied. I think they were in a few films. They certainly sang on many a Bing Crosby record.

I was waiting for Aitchbee to stick on a link.

SillBill 31 Jan 13
Answer

Bing.alau

They recorded 605 songs out of which 113 charted. They also appeared in 18 Films. Not a bad record (pardon the pun).

flycatcher1 02 Feb 13

I enjoyed them as well, an old age thing I suppose, I even like Nellie Lutcher.

SillBill 02 Feb 13
  SillBill 02 Feb 13

Flycatcher1

Bet you also like "The Sons of the Pioneers".

john bunyan 02 Feb 13

Yes, I remember their old shellac version of that song. Used to play it on a wind up gramophone when we had sharp needles!!! (sons of Pioneers singing "Cool , Clear , Water")

flycatcher1 03 Feb 13

Our first Family Record was "In a Monastery Garden" by Albert Katelby (?) played on the organ. Still have it up in the loft.

I prefer my swing/jazz records.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message