Patty Andrews RIP sadly missed

john bunyan 17:55 PM 31 Jan 13

The last of the Andrews sisters has died. I fondly remember them in the late '40's - "Yellow Basket", "Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy of Company B" etc. I have a few on the iPod.

Boogie Woogie

morddwyd 19:41 PM 31 Jan 13

Well even if no-one else is, I will join in your mourning, jb.

As ever, thanks for the entertainment to you and your sisters, Miss Andrews; including the other talented performers you inspired.

SillBill 19:47 PM 31 Jan 13

I always remember them being introduced as "Patty, Maxene and LaVerne"

Bing.alau 20:30 PM 31 Jan 13

They were absolutely brilliant. These days if you go to a 40's to 50's re-union or reminiscing event, you will find they are much copied. I think they were in a few films. They certainly sang on many a Bing Crosby record.

I was waiting for Aitchbee to stick on a link.

SillBill 20:46 PM 31 Jan 13

They recorded 605 songs out of which 113 charted. They also appeared in 18 Films. Not a bad record (pardon the pun).

flycatcher1 16:39 PM 02 Feb 13

I enjoyed them as well, an old age thing I suppose, I even like Nellie Lutcher.

SillBill 17:18 PM 02 Feb 13
  SillBill 17:23 PM 02 Feb 13

Bet you also like "The Sons of the Pioneers".

john bunyan 18:06 PM 02 Feb 13

Yes, I remember their old shellac version of that song. Used to play it on a wind up gramophone when we had sharp needles!!! (sons of Pioneers singing "Cool , Clear , Water")

flycatcher1 10:47 AM 03 Feb 13

Our first Family Record was "In a Monastery Garden" by Albert Katelby (?) played on the organ. Still have it up in the loft.

I prefer my swing/jazz records.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: Best UK Black Friday deals & best UK Black Friday tech…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

HDR video: Everything you need to know

20 Mac Power User Tricks... That You Didn't Know