Patrick Swayze dies !

tein 08:54 15 Sep 09

I'm gutted He was such a great actor!

click here

ronalddonald 09:54 15 Sep 09

was fighter till the end.

jakimo 10:14 15 Sep 09

A very popular actor who bravely carried on working knowing that he could face death any day,and will be especially remembered for his performances in `Dirty Dancing` & `Ghost`

OTT_Buzzard 10:20 15 Sep 09

Keith Floyd seems to have met the same end as well. Another veyr talented man (for very different reasons!)

Bingalau 10:28 15 Sep 09

I think you are definitely OTT with that bit of info. You can't compare the two of them at all. Patrick Swayze was talented, all the other berk was capable of doing well was swearing.

dagbladet 10:36 15 Sep 09

Due in part to the total overkill of cooking programmes, I found myself becoming tired of the genre. However, I did enjoy "the other berk" when he went on his jaunts around the world. I'm not certain that his apparently hedonistic style of cooking was not just part of his on-screen persona, though there's no doubt he liked a drop of vino. Anyway I liked him.

jakimo 11:00 15 Sep 09

I doubt if Floyd new where he was or what he was cooking most of the time

Kaacee 15:21 15 Sep 09

Great actor and person unlike Floyd.

Forum Editor 17:23 15 Sep 09

who was one of their main inspirations and I'll bet they would name Keith Floyd. He was without doubt one of the best natural cooks ever to grace our screens, and calling him 'the other berk' is a pretty offensive thing to do.

I met Floyd once, fleetingly, and within ten minutes I realised that he was someone who had forgotten more about food than most chefs ever learn. The fact that he enjoyed a glass of wine or two is hardly the point - he was enormously popular because he knew how to relate to people. I saw him when he was filming a programme, and not a person on the production staff had a bad word to say about him. We could do with a few more characters like him in our lives, instead of some of the self-serving 'chefs' who bore me stupid with their patronising waffle.

tein 17:44 15 Sep 09

Floyd was a Legend in his own way! he was "Off the wall" so-to-speak!
i liked his courage/mannor & ways he cooked! but one of my fav's was he's locations where he cooked..loool omg!

Stuartli 10:40 16 Sep 09

Keith Floyd was a larger than life personality who brought a completely new dimension to what had been a somewhat staid subject on television.

I always enjoyed his rapport with the cameraman (Charlie?), encouraging him to move in for a closeup of the ingredients being prepared or the pan in which they were being cooked.

The TV news programmes yesterday detailed his last meal and alcoholic drinks - such style right to the end...:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5