pathetic goverment regulations

whatustaring@ 11:17 17 Jan 07

this is stupidity at its best,if your in the building trade or a tradesman you will understand where iam coming from

click here

hijo 11:19 17 Jan 07

yeah i come from Hull & i dont know if u do anyway yeah ive done some building work before & the reg's are gettign silly...
H

namtas 13:17 17 Jan 07

How can this be stupidity? I think that it is commonsense where work is involved as opposed to a need to gain access only. What can be more stupid than balancing on top of a pair of steps to do a fitting job using stepladders to reach a ceiling fitting, they do not provide a stable working platform. Stepladders like ladders are now officially classed as being for access only, in my opinion they always should have been so.

They will continue to be used by those who can not, will not think safety, but at least it should reduce the accident claims.

€dstowe 14:35 17 Jan 07

In one of the hospitals where I trained they had contractors in to paint and decorate certain parts of the building prior to a visit by HM the Q.

The painters stated they had finished the job but looking at the work they had done, there was no fresh paint above head height - and this was variable. Challenged, they said that the new HSA rules stated they weren't permitted to raise their hands above their heads, neither were they allowed to use ladders. They could have used scaffolding, they said, but this wasn't stipulated in the contract.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…