Passwords

VoG II 09:07 AM 01 May 11

An interesting article click here

Quite timely in view of the recent PlayStation debacle.

canarieslover 09:31 AM 01 May 11

Well it appears that my banking passwords are in the 'safe for life' category, but I have a couple of other non-important ones that are in the 'low risk' zone. My problem is remembering them all and the phrase method seems so much easier as well as being more secure.

Bald Eagle 10:35 AM 01 May 11

That is one of the most interesting things I've seen via this site. Thanks VOG.

wee eddie 10:45 AM 01 May 11

I use a combination of, my old Car Numbers (most Blokes can remember these) and the name of the/a Girlfriend (some Blokes can remember these as well) associated with it. e.g. Alison-N42NDS that's the green Beamer

Quickbeam 10:48 AM 01 May 11

erm... which bank did you say that you that combo with...?

OTT_B 11:02 AM 01 May 11

My 'strong' (ish!) passwords are unashamedly almost always items that are in front of me when I have to pick a new password. If I had to pick one now it would be something like...

PassLGCre^te

My passport is in front of me, my monitor is made by LG and there's a Creative speaker on the desk. This works very well until I need to put the password in when at another computer.....

SparkyJack 11:05 AM 01 May 11

Well pass words can be a confusion , I use several for my applications except for banking- that one is easy.

I dont bank or any other vulnerable activity like it on the web.

Even shopping I use a separate low value card.

That way no villain can get me.

I have been 'Had' in the past fortunately the bank has been 'On the Ball' and dealt- then phoned me to tell what what occurred.

wee eddie 11:32 AM 01 May 11

Quickbeam ~ Got through Cars and Girlfriends with monotonous regularity in the 60s and 70s. Haven't got as far as the 2000s yet.

p.s. the Hint for that would be "Redhead in Green Beamer"

p.p.s. I think that my Sister uses the Score Lines from the Finals of her most successful Tennis Tournaments. e.g. Framlingham.3-6.6-2.6-4 or something like that. Again something quite easily remembered if Tennis is your thing.

Quickbeam 11:41 AM 01 May 11

In the past I've used the substantial index at the back of The Lord of the Rings, there's a lot of unusual names in that.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:27 PM 01 May 11

Love to use the tree word method but alot of sites will not accept spaces.

Forum Editor 17:24 PM 01 May 11

I've edited your opening post to sort the link out for you.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…