Passengers 'rate Heathrow worst'

Noldi 11:29 31 Mar 09

click here

Strange survey.
London City comes second? I find it functional but not the great.
Gatwick North is not great compared with Airports out of the UK but I don’t find it terrible.
Heathrow Terminal 4 I agree knock it down.

Noldi

cream. 11:47 31 Mar 09

all those under the flight paths ain't to happy with it also.

bremner 11:58 31 Mar 09

I travel regularly out of T3 at Heathrow and do not find it that bad. Yes it can be crowded at peak times but I have never been unable to find somewhere to sit.

T3, T4 and T5 knock spots off the International terminals at some of the largest US airports. The terminal Virgin flies from at LAX is an absolute disgrace and Chicago O'Hare is not much better.

Forum Editor 19:18 31 Mar 09

This wasn't a survey that was ever likely to produce any real answers.

I use Heathrow frequently, and have experienced both hate and love for it over the years - depending on my experience on any one day. By and large I think it does a pretty good job of handling vast numbers of people on a daily basis.

I like the City Airport - it does its job well, and it's a delight to be able to fly in so close to a major city centre.

Gatwick is an airport I avoid if possible, simply because I live in North London - it's a trek around the M25 to get to it.

Stansted is close to me, and fairly bland - it's an OK airport.

Luton is also close, and I've used it a few times to fly to Spain. It works pretty well, I think.

What I want from an airport is what everyone wants - a rapid transit. Waiting in airports can raise stress levels for some people - I go into a kind of shell, and move through the system in a fairly robotic fashion. At Heathrow I know where to eat and drink, and where to sit out the waiting time, but I still feel pretty tense sometimes - usually when industrial action somewhere is causing delays.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:28 31 Mar 09

Bigger seems to be worse in most cases as far as my experience of airports is concerned.

Hate CDG all the concrete and massive queues everytime, flights always bad as full of overired kids on way back from Disney.
Find Heathrow, Stanstead, Gatwick, Birmingham, Manchester, Frankfurt all have long queues whenever I'm there

EMA never queue long for the 7 /7 30am flights

Love Schipol, fast check in and plenty to look at.

However get depressed when flying to Alicante as everyone else seems to be going on holiday but I'm going to work. :0(

Charence 20:53 31 Mar 09

Quite the opposite here.. I think I prefer big airports, there are generally more things to do (window shopping) whilst waiting. Heathrow would be my 1st preference in the UK since it is conveniently on the underground network!

I'm technically under Heathrow's flight path, although not very close to the runway, I just wish I had a longer telephoto lens..

Forum Editor 23:17 31 Mar 09

is Hong Kong International. It has won seven awards as the world's best airport in the ten years since it opened, and it deserves every one of them.

In fact five of the seven 'best airports in the world' awards have gone to Asian airports.

Noldi 11:29 01 Apr 09

After the FE comments then I would see what is the worlds top 10.
click here

Because I laive and work close to Zürich I have seen it develope over the last 10 years. As its Swiss its very clean and runs like clock work but I do not belive there are only 7 better airports in the world.

FE I like Gatwick because its 20 min from my UK base.

Noldi

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…