Parting the clouds.

Mr Mistoffelees 10:36 21 Feb 14

Just got this picture: Tupolev TU95, on my twitter feed.

Picklefactory 12:53 21 Feb 14

Almost biblical....lovely

wiz-king 12:57 21 Feb 14

Obviously a red see.

sunnystaines 18:04 21 Feb 14

i would have thought they would have retired all them by now or was it on way to an airshow/museum.

Aitchbee 19:03 21 Feb 14
  Ex plorer 17:07 22 Feb 14

Mr Mistoffelees,

stunning.

It must be about 5 years since I last saw one of those, there used to be two of them come up the dales on the same flight path and low and a real joy to see.

bumpkin 19:19 22 Feb 14

Something wrong with the photo.

Aitchbee 19:40 22 Feb 14
  bumpkin 19:58 22 Feb 14

I am not sure, not a photographer myself but it just does not look right. Have a closer look at the lighting the focus etc. or has anyone else any views, maybe I need to go to specsavers but to me there is something about it though I can't say what.

Haggard 00:44 23 Feb 14

bumpkin

I think that there are two things which could seem a little odd.

The depth of the gap in the clouds seems rather large but I would not be able to comment on that because I have no knowledge of how they would behave in such a situation.

The second is that the propellers on the port outer engine have their blades lined up so that it looks as if there are only four blades instead of eight but the propellers contra-rotate which means that you will get them lined up in that manner in some photos.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…