parlez vous français

Kev.Ifty 00:05 15 Feb 06

This is part of an email I have received from an Ebay seller. Have I got this right?

They are waiting for me to give positive feed back before they will give me any feed back.

Well I paid within 10 minutes of the auction ending. Surely that warrants positive feed back for me. Doesn't it?

"Lorsque vous aurez reçu l'objet et vérifié son état, laissez une évaluation
à mon égard. J'en ferai de même pour vous".

I've used an online translator. Just would like a French speakers version please.

mercis beaucoup Kev.

De Marcus™ 00:44 15 Feb 06

I think the seller is inviting you to check the goods arrive in the correct condition and relay what should be positive feedback with which he/she will reciprocate.

I don't think he's baiting you to go first, personally I wouldn't leave any feedback until the goods had been checked anyway.

Forum Editor 01:06 15 Feb 06

The seller is asking that you leave some positive feedback, once you've received the item and checked that it's OK. In return, he/she will do the same for you.

Kev.Ifty 01:32 15 Feb 06

That is what i suspected.

Isn't a Buyers responsibility to a Seller just to pay the Bill ASAP?

I made a successful bid and I paid. I think I should therefore receive the appropriate feedback now!

Why will my response to receiving the goods affect the Frenchfella's response to me?

It's chantage! I tell ya.. chantage!

Bestwishes Kev ;-)

watchful 04:07 15 Feb 06

lots of times when sellers often put a note in the parcel asking exactly the same thing. I think a lot of sellers are hoping they don't get unjustified negatives. As a seller, I like to receive feedback first from the customer just to know if they've received it. Some are very slow but, if they did pay quickly, I then put a positive on immediately after theirs.
As a buyer I sometimes don't get feedback at all despite paying straight away. Just like everything really, some good, some bad.

Haol 08:47 15 Feb 06

Anybody need help with Spanish?

Kev.Ifty 20:38 15 Feb 06

Paid for Sunday evening, posted (from France) Monday, received item this morning (Wednesday).

Not bad..

Cheers Kev.

mco 20:58 15 Feb 06

tant mieux!

Dellman 12:59 16 Feb 06

Anyone's Korean up to scratch?

De Marcus™ 14:43 16 Feb 06

MS word will translate an array of languages.

fitcher 20:26 16 Feb 06

when you have recieved the goods ,and verified their state .leave an evaluation .regards ,i will do the same ok

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced