Paris hotels...

Quickbeam 19:01 14 Sep 07

I'm just in the process of organising a Rugby trip to Paris for the Six Nations (Everyones mind is on getting World Cup tickets just now!).

Anyway, two hotels that are being used by a sports travel organiser are, 'Mercre Ronceray, & 'Novotel Tour Eifel'. Does anyone know if they are in good, ie waking distance, spots for the Paris night life?

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:08 14 Sep 07
  Quickbeam 19:21 14 Sep 07

My only experience of Paris was in 1973, when we drove through at 05:00 in a brand new Morris Marina on the way to see my sister in Piacenza. I was 17 and needed matchsticks in my eyes to see the famous sights!

For some reason my father had the strange desire to have croissants & cognac for breakfast at the Gard Du Nord...?

Forum Editor 19:25 14 Sep 07

I know it reasonably well - I've attended several meetings there.

It's handy for the places you'll want, and is very comfortable.

VoG II 19:26 14 Sep 07

If this is for the Stade de France check out Ibis St Denis Stade de France. There are two - Oest and Sud. Both are within walking distance of the Stade, close to the RER to get to central Paris or Aeroport Charles De Gaulle and have restaurants and (small) bars. Both are very comfortable and reasonable. One is totally non-smoking (sorry I can't remember which).

Brumas 21:58 14 Sep 07

I was going to post a funny about how the rugby trip would prefer the Paris Hilton but I sensed the silver mouse!

VoG II 22:39 14 Sep 07

Sud is the non-smoking click here

This is the oest click here

which is definitely a smoker's hotel. When I last visited in June I was surprised to find people smoking at breakfast. As a hardened smoker I found that surprising and, no, I didn't light up between my croissant and coffee.

Quickbeam 09:33 15 Sep 07

Thanks for the inputs, I'll print out the info for a vote.

Mind you, if they play like last night again...

FreeCell 15:13 15 Sep 07

I have found Trip Advisor very useful in getting feedback on hotels. (One thing I have noted is the Americans often grumble about the size of hotel rooms and beds as they are generally used to larger versions in the States than are generally found in Europe.)

click here for comments on Novotel Tour Eiffel as example. Search for any other hotel that has been recommended for more user comments.

Enjoy Paris and endure the rugby!

Quickbeam 09:47 16 Sep 07

Hotel Mercure... My casting vote was not required:)

Forum Editor 10:59 16 Sep 07

Have a good trip.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac