Paris on BBC2 last night.

Pine Man 18:29 11 Jul 07

Did anybody watch the final program about Paris on BBC2 last night.

About half way through the presenter was talking about Bohemia and watching a classical pianist playing a tune that was very slow (and beautiful).

It is the name of that tune that I am after. I have heard it many times but have no idea what it is called. I am learning to play the piano and thought it would be a nice tune to try and learn.

Forum Editor 18:40 11 Jul 07

I didn't see it, but I'm there right now (Paris). Tell me where he was playing, and I'll go there and ask him tonight!

Kate B 18:43 11 Jul 07

If she was talking about Bohemia, could it have been Smetana's Ma Vlast (My Country)? It's the Czech national anthem - the Czech Republic of course including Bohemia, where Smetana came from. Just a guess; I didn't see the programme.

dukeboxhero 18:52 11 Jul 07

didnt see the series Pine Man but a classical pianist playing a tune that was very slow (and beautiful).
wonder if it could have been LUDOVICO EINAUDI "Giorni Dispari" this is just a stab in the dark pine man , but if not a lovely tune to learn click here

User-1159794 18:55 11 Jul 07

If in future you here a tune you like,use your mobile phone to get the title.Press 2580 then hold the phone towards the sound for a few seconds,if it has been recognized you'll get a text telling you the title and performer.It only costs 50p.(not sure that is still correct price)
Details here.
click here

Pine Man 19:28 11 Jul 07

Your response has been inspiring BUT Im afraid neither Kate nor dukeboxhero got it I have now listened to both their suggestions.

FE - I was in Paris a couple of months ago and can't recollect having an overwhelming desire to read Speakers Corner in between visits to amazing buildings and eating/drinking fine wine and food!!

Rapscallion thanks for your input I have made a note of that and maybe somebody will read this who has taped the program and can do as you say and send me the result - and a bill for 50p!

Al94 20:08 11 Jul 07

I have it recorded and will watch later. Will post back if I know!

IClaudio 21:57 11 Jul 07

Kate, 'Ma Vlast' is an orchestral Suite, and doesn't include the Czech National Anthem.

I watched the programme, but am ashamed to say that I was entirely captivated by the presenter's beautiful accent, and took no notice of the content... ;)

Macscouse 22:40 11 Jul 07

You are probably thinking of "The Moldau", part of Ma Vlast, a beautiful piece of music, taking you on a journey down the River Moldau.

Forum Editor 22:49 11 Jul 07

but not a bohemian pianist in sight, I'm afraid.

IClaudio 22:54 11 Jul 07

FE

Switch off the computer, go downstairs, and have another brandy!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…