Paraplegic Downhill Racing

perpetual motion 15:36 19 Sep 08

I just had to share this with you all, My freind who is in a wheelchair asked me what i thought of this video she had found, I have the greatest respect for them to be honest, Its like they are saying there condition doesnt limit there lifestyles..Top Marks..

click here

peter99co 16:18 19 Sep 08

Their condition does not limit, it inspires and gives back something they may have thought they have lost. It is important to retain your confidance and be 'normal' when your life is changed by illness or injury. It is easy to give up, it is wonderful if you pick up the pieces and go for it.

Some need help to be able to progress in this extreme way (UTUBE Example) but I know a lad who transformed a Land Rover to enable him to GET OFFROAD. He fitted auto gears and modified seats to allow him to use it as he had to move about in a wheelchair. Most of the work he did himself. A loss of his legs did not seem to be any hindrance to his drive and ability.

In this country there exists the National Assoc for Bikers with a Disability.

The Patrons are Neil Hodgson: Superbikes, Gary Havelock: Speedway, Fiona Beale: Stunt Rider, Billy Connely:Comedian/Trike Rider, David Holding: Para Olympic Gold Medallist .

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant