Paperless Society - or not!

Pine Man 15:36 05 Oct 14
Answered

With the new NS&I site, every time you buy new Premium Bonds or reinvest winnings you are sent a Premium Bonds Record through the post which shows an up to date list of all your bonds including the ones you have recently purchased or that resulted from reinvestment.

I tend to have at least one or two lots of winning bonds every month and therefore get an updated Premium Bond Record through the post every month. So I went on line and registered for the paperless option assuming that, instead of having a paper copy through the post, I could download a copy from their site for my records.

This month I had three winning bonds so went on line to download my updated Premium Bonds record. I couldn't find it anywhere so emailed NS&I and received a very quick response, which is excellent service but the content surprised me.

There is NO facility to download a copy of the Premium Bond Record UNLESS you have a paper copy sent to you through the post. Then you will find a copy for downloading on their site!

spuds 16:12 05 Oct 14

I have had £100.00 worth since the original time Premium Bonds were introduced. I know some people who have had wins, including some rather good ones. But alas, I have never achieved any of those heights on the winners rostrum.

But going back to the intro, I suppose this is done for surety more than anything else.

bumpkin 16:26 05 Oct 14

Pine Man, I get the paper statements and prefer that, data can vanish inexplicably, a printed version is a backup should anything go horribly wrong which we know it can.

BT 07:54 06 Oct 14

I've had Premium Bonds for many years and get small wins most months but I've never had anything other than the cheque through the post, certainly not a monthly list of my holdings. I didn't know such a thing even existed.

BT 08:12 06 Oct 14

spuds

I have had £100.00 worth since the original time Premium Bonds were introduced.

Don't give up! I've got Bonds dating back to 1961, bought as single £1 ones in those days, and until last year they had never won anything until a single bond bought in July 1962 came up with a £25 win. Having said that I get virtually all my 'wins' from Bonds bought in larger blocks since 2008. I put all the Bonds into an Excel Spreadsheet and enter all the winning amounts and do the calculations. Over the last 5 years I've had a fairly consistent return of just over 2% tax free, much better than most saving accounts can offer at the moment.

Quickbeam 08:14 06 Oct 14

I have about a dozen 10 Bob bonds from the late '50s & early '60s that came as birthday gifts from a maiden aunt. Surely it must be my turn to win!

Pine Man 08:20 06 Oct 14

Rumpelteazer

Unfortunately they don't. I have suggested to them that it should be included as a future feature but have not had a response.

BT

This is a fairly new innovation. You still get an email when you win and a cheque for your winnings BUT if you reinvest your winnings or buy new bonds you always get a Premium Bonds Record showing you updated holding.

BT 08:48 06 Oct 14

Pine Man

"You still get an email when you win.."

I don't, just a cheque in the post, nothing else.

Pine Man 11:36 06 Oct 14
Answer

BT

Presumably because of options you have selected, or that is the default setting on the new website, BUT who the hell cares as long as you keep winning:-)

bumpkin 12:05 06 Oct 14

I think you only get a statement if you win that month and have chosen the re-invest option. If you get a cheque there is no need for a statement.

BT 12:17 06 Oct 14

bumpkin

That makes sense I suppose. I already had the maximum till they upped it recently so reinvesting wasn't an option at he time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced