PAL"s video store in the UK? where?

p;3 23:43 20 Nov 06

why can I not locate a video store that stocks PAL" s versions of VHS videos in the UK?

all of my searches come up with stores in America or similar that have VHS videos in the NTLS( ? ) version and not the PALS version for playing in the UK

I am looking at a costly conversion rate to import a video then get it converted to PAL ; why can there not be a PAL"s stockist in the uk?

jimv7 08:42 21 Nov 06

click here

You could also buy a new video recorder/player which will play pal/ntsc tapes, prices are well down these days.

rodriguez 11:28 21 Nov 06

America have a different power system than us, it's 110v 60 Hz and ours is 230v 50 Hz. I think this is why TVs have to have a different video system. NTSC works at 29.9 fps at 60 Hz and PAL works at 25 fps at 50 Hz. These differences mean that an American video will still play on our machines, just not properly (black & white video and it will play slightly faster than it should). That's why when an American TV show is shown over here, the sound is slightly faster and the colour is a bit more dull.

If you have an NTSC video recorder, you'll have to have a TV that can display an NTSC picture (unless the video recorder automatically converts to PAL). So it's easier to go on jimv7's link and find a UK-based video shop that will send out PAL tapes.

spuds 12:24 21 Nov 06

I always thought that the UK system were all PAL and video tapes likewise, and the USA system was NTSC.

Have you thought about looking in the Yellow Pages or Thomson's directory, for a local converter of video/film media.

p;3 20:53 24 Nov 06

I am marking this as resolved as I am getting the item converted by a store in the UK

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac