p2p sites

oseven 18:45 22 Sep 06

Whilst nosing around earlier today I noticed many presumably illegal p2p sites available on the "download" page of this site.Is this a correct action for a responsible magazine?
Also which is the best for software?

ade.h 18:54 22 Sep 06

I have not seen the links that you mention. However, the sites themselves are not necessarily illegal, even though some of their content and usage may be.

oseven 19:06 22 Sep 06

click here This is thew link.

Jackcoms 20:42 22 Sep 06

And of the sites in the list which ones do you believe are "illegal"?

rsinbad 00:02 23 Sep 06

The point is advertising of 'potential illegal' use of these programs on pca is somewhat irresponsible.however the programs are not illegal downloading copywrite material is.

Forum Editor 00:12 23 Sep 06

it's used extensively for perfectly legal purposes. It can certainly be used for sharing copyright-protected files illegally, but that's not a reason for us to deny our readers access to it.

If everybody used 'potentially illegal' as a benchmark definition you wouldn't be able to buy a sharp knife, or sell aspirin, or guns, or weedkiller, or any one of a million toxic substances.

skidzy 22:31 24 Sep 06

Limewire,Gnucleus,BearShare Lite and the many many more just invite the potenial of downloading the copyright material.

Out of the many that follow PCA's link to download these programs,how many use this for a legal purpose... not to mention Google's participation in providing the links.

For PCA to advertise this,i think is debatable to say the least.Im aware its used legally,but what are the percentages for legal use and illegal usage.
This i would be interested in,even to prove me wrong.

wolfie3000 23:12 24 Sep 06

P2P networks are Known through out the gaming community for sharing maps, mods, gaming scripts and others things which are perfectly legal.

Many of my friends use them for such as it is easier to do this than to upload them to a website.

Forum Editor 23:18 24 Sep 06

It's not for us to act as judge and jury in this matter, nor would it be appropriate for us to make judgments about "how many use this for a legal purpose".

P2P software is perfectly legal, and as long as that's the case we'll continue to list it on our download pages.

skidzy 23:21 24 Sep 06

thankyou for pointing that out.

What really gets to me Wolfie,is that my phone rings and people ask me to clean there system,normally something to do with these p2p programs being used for video's and music.

Hand on heart,ive never known anyone to use the programs legally...your the first.Its good to hear it is being used legally and for good and entertaining reasons.

As ive only ever experienced the illegal side of p2p programs,this is a bit of a learning curve for me.But would still like to know the percentages of illegal/legal usage of p2p programs.

Thanks again Wolfie for pointing this out.

skidzy 23:26 24 Sep 06

I guess thats me being told then FE :-O

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac