Oxford Street Killing

kingisangus 18:38 14 May 08

The young man killed outside McDonalds turns out to have a rather long history with the police and violence:

'Mr Bigby was one of 10 defendants charged with the rape of a 16-year-old girl and causing grievous bodily harm, the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) has confirmed.

The teenage girl was attacked in north London in January.

In a separate case, he was due to go on trial in June for wounding with intent and violent disorder, over a stabbing in October 2006 in north London, the CPS said. '

Live by the sword, die by the sword.

al7478 18:44 14 May 08

innocent til proven guilty i think is the phrase.

kingisangus 18:50 14 May 08

That may be rather difficult now, the CPA tend not to prosecute corpses.

kingisangus 18:52 14 May 08

But you are right he sounds like a lovely young man, charged with the gang rape of a 16 year old girl, charged with wounding with intent and violent disorder, then gets in a knife fight on Oxford street, thats some serious bad luck for an innocent man, it really is.

I shall say a prayer for him.

al7478 19:15 14 May 08

i agree, but still.

Cymro. 15:44 15 May 08

I just hope that you have your facts right on this one, and anyway to be charged is very far from being found guilty.

Forum Editor 18:57 15 May 08

with an offence doesn't give anyone the right to stab him to death on the street, and anyone who thinks otherwise is the kind of fool we can manage without. Things are bad enough, without ludicrous statements such as "Live by the sword, die by the sword."

That kind of thinking belongs back in the dark ages.

laurie53 21:00 15 May 08

Ok. So how about "As ye sow, so shall ye reap".

al7478 22:10 15 May 08

The FE and Cymro are right. Its reasonable to believe that most people caught up in gun or knife attacks are'nt exactly little angels, and i wouldnt miss someone who had been convicted of certain crimes (which is quite diferent from saying they should be killed), but this man has'nt.

Forum Editor 22:27 15 May 08

An equally stupid response.

newman35 08:10 16 May 08

Bit strong?
I reckon many (if not most) people would have very similar views to laurie53 - and surely are entitled to air them in this 'open' forum without being accused of stupidity?
I may not agree with what is said, but defend someones write to say it, as long as it falls within the 'rules'.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…