ow come on is this true...

hijo 23:33 23 Oct 06

this is new to me & i know its not the most intresing of things HOWEVER there is a point here... read this then if ya dont belive me read the post its the 14 one down...
""Replying more than 100 times to the same piece of spam e-mail will overwhelm the sender's system and interfere with their ability to send any more spam""
now the link

click here

have i been had or am i just a boring fool...

Miros 23:39 23 Oct 06

If you may have been had why should we even look at your link? That's a bit like asking someone to put their hand in the fire!!

Totally-braindead 23:45 23 Oct 06

Have a read of the other "facts". Thats your answer right there.

What total garbage.

Miros 23:49 23 Oct 06

Hi, just been out and had a few bevvies so not quite following your comment?
Miros.

Totally-braindead 23:51 23 Oct 06

One of the most ridiculous "facts"
"In 1843, a Parisian street mime got stuck in his imaginary box and consequently died of starvation. " liked this one as well "Every Labrador retriever dreams about bananas"

Must admit some of them are rather funny.

hijo 23:55 23 Oct 06

doh ive been had..sorry to waste your time guys..:-( damn cheesey website..grrr
the labrador was a obvious one i must say...

Totally-braindead 23:58 23 Oct 06

Come on though hijo some of the others are good. When I looked at the one you posted about I did wonder, its just when I saw the others and started to read them.

What about this one "Manatees possess vocal chords which give them the ability to speak like humans, but don't do so because they have no ears with which to hear the sound."

Miros 23:58 23 Oct 06

Sorry refuse to look at the above link if that is what you are referring to, so don't have a clue about what you are talking about.
I am at a complete loss. :-(

Totally-braindead 00:06 24 Oct 06

Miros its just a webpage with some things which are meant to be "facts". Theres nothing untoward in the website its just a spoof, it doesn't do anything to your computer or anything. It doesn't actually have anything to do with spam or anything else. Its humourous thats all.

Lol have another look at this thread once you've sobered up a bit.

We are talking about a website that lists 'facts'.

Totally-braindead 00:13 24 Oct 06

This "fact" is particularly apt considering this is a computer forum. Anyone ever wondered why the QWERTY keyboard has the keys set the way they are well heres the answer "The typewriter was invented by Hungarian immigrant Qwert Yuiop, who left his "signature" on the keyboard. "

Good one that. And this one "Coca-Cola was the favored drink of Pharaoh Ramses. An inscription found in his tomb, when translated, was found to be almost identical to the recipe used today. "

Love this website hijo, shame it hasn't been updated for so long.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…