Ouch…That hurt.

Blackhat 17:59 29 Apr 08

Silly things we do that cause pain!

Last night I was about to brush my teeth, I had loaded the toothbrush with toothpaste and in the motion of raising it to my mouth the end bristles of the brush caught on the end of the toothpaste tube flicking a lump of toothpaste straight into my right eye. Ouch that hurt. First reaction was to blink which spread the toothpaste around my eye. Copious quantities of cold water later I recovered enough to explain the noise to Mrs B who could not stop laughing.

Also some years ago when cutting through an orange with a serrated edged knife, I managed to cut into my finger with fresh orange juice on the blade. Ouch that really hurt.

So how silly have you been?

Si_L 18:01 29 Apr 08

My friend put shaving gel on his toothbrush yesterday.

Bingalau 18:05 29 Apr 08

I put my cornflakes in my coffee cup a couple of days ago. Luckily no one knows about it. They would say I was going senile. It didn't hurt though.

Bingalau 18:07 29 Apr 08

Oh yes! always close your mouth around the toothbrush before you switch it on if it's one of the electric type. Otherwise you will "Flower the Mirror"

Forum Editor 18:18 29 Apr 08

for her birthday. "Invite who you like" I said, "I'll cook".

Ten people came, and it went OK until I served a collation of summer berries and Lavender ice-cream for dessert. "The berries are a little sharp" I warned, "so you may need some sugar".

Six people sprinkled their dessert with the salt I had put in the sugar dredger.

Si_L 18:22 29 Apr 08

Custard made with salt is not nice either.

Stuartli 18:28 29 Apr 08

I had an uncle who was a mad keen motorcyclist. He arranged to pick up his then girlfriend (later his wife) from her home.

She hitched up her tight skirt, got her right leg over the pillion seat and Vroom, Vroom my uncle was away.

Unfortunately his future spouse hadn't had time to sit down.....

He returned a few minutes later, apparently looking very sheepish.

anskyber 19:00 29 Apr 08

As a student I did bar work at Xmas/New Year in a tough northern pub.

Snowballs were a particular favourite of many locals (the ones who did not drink pints!)

During a very busy spell I thought I had grabbed the lemonade bottle for my creation......it was the peppermint. Odd how upset some folk can get. :-((

Jim Thing 19:14 29 Apr 08

When I was about 16 my father was visited at home by a man who was extremely important to his business. My mother had died a year or so previously, so I was detailed off to serve tea and cakes to Dad and the VIP.

I managed to cut the cake into neat slices, arranged them tastefully onto our best China plate, wheeled the loaded tea trolley into the room, and proceeded to pour the contents of the teapot into the sugar bowl. Covered in serious embarrassment I then fled to the kitchen to start again, eventually re-appeared with the tea trolley — and poured the tea into the milk jug...

GJC53 19:14 29 Apr 08

A few years ago i was doing some diy outside my house, and having no vice needed to drill through a piece of wood! Ah thinks i i'll hold it in my left hand and drill with my right. Thinking if i do it slow it would be ok! Yup you guessed it drilled right into my palm! Luckely small drill bit after much cursing thought wont do that again in a hurry. We all learn by our mistakes?????????

belfman 19:19 29 Apr 08

Trying out a new gadget called a 'V slicer' I managed to slice a chunk of my index finger. I haven't used one since!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…