Osama bin Laden dead

smokingbeagle 05:43 02 May 11
Answered

Al-Qaeda leader Osama Bin Laden has been killed by US forces in Pakistan

link text

wiz-king 06:04 02 May 11

I hope the Americans have got the right person and it does not turn out to be a look-a-like.

zzzz999 06:35 02 May 11

In a mansion just outside of Islamabad - pretty embarrassing for the Pakistani Government

wiz-king 07:08 02 May 11

I hope that they give the body back and allow for the burial customs to happen in the normal fashion. No point in inflaming his followers more than necessary, there are going to be repercussions all around the world as it is.

Kevscar1 07:25 02 May 11

wiz-king Lets see his followers bomb and kill innocents whenever and wherever they can. What do you think would happen if we gave the body back. They will turn round and say sorry we were wrong. The good thing about this is now all of his deputies and leuitenants know that they can and eventally will be taken out.

morddwyd 07:38 02 May 11

Well done America.

Quickbeam 08:27 02 May 11

"In a mansion just outside of Islamabad - pretty embarrassing for the Pakistani Government"

But not in the least bit surprising.

Proclaimer 09:31 02 May 11

The 'body' was buried at sea shortly afterwards...

Yeah, like I believe they killed him now and didn't just 'spirit him away'.

SparkyJack 09:32 02 May 11

I may be considered 'Out of the Loop' but I never did figure out what 'Al Qaida ''was all about apart from creating general mayhem-

It did not appear to be a world domination or religious cause{As much death and destruction was caused to Islam as other cultures]

In which case what would his death achieve ? presumably those with a mind to follow his cause will continue to do so. There have always individuals and groups who seem to want to upset some ones applecart somewhere for no good reason seemingly- and using a religious cultural context as excuse.

WhiteTruckMan 09:49 02 May 11

I can confidently predict that this event will turn out to be the conspiracy theorists community manna from heaven. Was hitler really dead and who shot JFK kept them going for most of the 20th century, along with a diversion into UFO's on rainy weekends.

Nevertheless, should this prove to be true I think its a welcome reminder to extremists that justice will catch up with you. I have no doubt though that the extreme elements will promise revenge for this and send out more children with explosives strapped to them etc. along with whatever perverse action their sick, twisted minds can come up with in the name of islam.

WTM

Grey Goo 09:54 02 May 11

How long before Bin Laden is spotted in Walmart or the local Kebab Hut.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…