In or Out Tonight?

The Brigadier 16:25 31 Dec 08

We are staying in & having a nice meal as a family.
Followed by fireworks at midnight.
Got a few old marine flares that will go up tonight.
Cant use them at home or the coastguard come out!

interzone55 16:29 31 Dec 08

We're going round to Mrs alan14's parents for a slap up meal & bubbly.

Then we'll watch the fireworks at Nutter's Restaurant (click here) which is just up the road and always has a good new years fireworks display...

tullie 16:34 31 Dec 08

Im out,at work.

rawprawn 16:39 31 Dec 08

Out for Black Tie New Years Dinner with 16 friends, we have done this every year since the Millennium celbration.

Clapton is God 16:43 31 Dec 08

I'll be in bed and asleep, as usual, well before midnight.

But no doubt I'll be woken up by the local idiots letting off fireworks around midnight.

Why is it that people feel it's necessary to let off fireworks at the drop of a bloody hat these days??

Legolas 16:54 31 Dec 08

I will be in with my 87 year old father. Every year for the last half dozen we have said we wouldn't bother staying up for the bells but tradition is hard to break. Will probably get to bed around 1am. Tomorrow off to my brothers for New Years dinner, the traditional home-made steak pie, yummy

Forum Editor 17:07 31 Dec 08

a time that my wife and I reserve for ourselves - at least it has been since the children were old enough to go off and do their own thing.

We spend quite a lot of time apart during the year, so we never commit to anything on 31st December. We have an indulgent meal and watch a decent film until Jools Holland appears. I know it probably sounds rather dull, but we look forward to it all over Christmas - which is inevitably a hectic time.

recap 17:38 31 Dec 08

My partner (future wife) will be staying in and having a meal together, then sitting down to watch a film before letting in the New Year.

Bapou 17:41 31 Dec 08

Staying in, watching tv. Too old for first footing and it's brass monkey weather anyway.

Quickbeam 17:46 31 Dec 08

and shake it all about... and I've only had a bottle of Becks so far:)

Marko797 17:56 31 Dec 08

meal (I'm cooking), wine, beer, TV or film, nice & cozy with the heating on of course. Suits me fine.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This stop-frame animation tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…